Quaker Oats

Where can I buy Quaker Oats?

I tried the local sundry shops, no one has ever seen it and it's not in Big C either.

I'm really missing my staple food for breakfast...please help!

Regards
Mike

Hi,
I used to buy them from Phuong Ha shop at 58 Ham Nghi, Dist 1. They also provides many other brands.
Hope it help!:)

Thanks, I'll check the place.

Regards
Mike

Second on Phuong Ha.  They sell them in packages about 100,000 VND.  Sometimes they run out so I use the more expensive Aussie brands. 

Phuong Ha is a great store.

Today first price i bought a kilo 120 000 VND at this adress
Like i am a global expat,
i use to buy it in Sao Paulo 32 000 VND a kilo Only
(3,40 Brl a kilo and integral quality in flakes)

I have to go to discover the other shop, at the adress
that i found on this forum,
at Annam Gourmet Hai Ba Trung, 16-18 Hai Bà Trưng, District 1, Saigon
I care a lot about good cereals.

Metro has many European products. So does Co-Op.

ALTERNATE NAMES: Oatmeal; porridge

Remember, trying to maintain a 'Western' lifestyle in many countries in VN is extremely expensive. Never seen a regular size of Kellogg's con flakes priced at $6!

Also, there are lots of pests who like eating flour, or similar. They have the appearance of whitish furry caterpillars - without the feet.

Was that "Bobs Red Mills Oats?" from Annam Gourmet?
If so, they have decreased in price - which is a good thing!
Last time they were 133,000 VND.
I usually buy them in bulk with my partner.
Nothing beats Oatmeal for a healthy breakfast.

It was at 58 HAM NGHI, D1 at Phuong Ha shop
the only one i know, for good Oats flakes,
quinoa, i did not find Quinoa in flakes here in Hcnc yet,
like i eat every mornig from Brazil,
and also linseed, that i use to eat every morning.

sambasp wrote:

It was at 58 HAM NGHI, D1 at Phuong Ha shop
the only one i know, for good Oats flakes,
quinoa, i did not find Quinoa in flakes here in Hcnc yet,
like i eat every mornig from Brazil,
and also linseed, that i use to eat every morning.

I will have to visit the shop. It sounds like i'll end up with a very full shopping trolley!

I think you can purchase linseed from 'Annam Gourmet'. I'd also suggest trying the Oats from here.
"Bobs Red Mill" These are the best Oats I have ever ate :)

Co-Op Mart (Q3) had breakfast cereals on promotion. Regular sized Kelloggs corn flakes at VND62,000. They also had flavoured oatmeal of various types. Opposite the baby formula shelves.

I am a pre-diabetic person,  looking for kito food that sale in Saigon area, if you know any such place/store, please let me know, thank you.

I am a pre-diabetic person, looking for kito food that sale in Saigon area, if you know any such place/store, please let me know, thank you.
-@koviet

Keto is low carb, just stay off high carb foods (rice, pasta, potatoes, corn, chips), heaps of fresh green leafy veg in Saigon along with beef, pork, fish, chicken, nuts, mushrooms, cheese, butter, eggs, plain greek style yogurt, and cream are all ok all of which you can find just about everywhere.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZqrQzP8q/Screenshot-2023-01-13-092333.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Wz4YZQQD/Screenshot-2023-01-13-092409.jpg

I am a pre-diabetic person, looking for kito food that sale in Saigon area, if you know any such place/store, please let me know, thank you.
-@koviet

Andy's answer is great.

The "place/store" is called the local fresh market.

Stir fry a meat with green veggies.

Learn to love cabbage, as you can thinly slice it, stir fry with onions and eat it like noodles.

Avoid sauces unless you know for sure there's no sugar added (there often is in Vietnam).

I found this and have made it 10+ times

On a tray lined with aluminium foil - Cabbage sliced, onion sliced, tomato sliced, salt, pepper - chicken breast or pork chop on top wrap in foil and seal put in benchtop oven or oven if you have cook 175C/350F 45/60 mins or until cabbage soft.

Chicken juices flavour the veg OMG! if you like bacon add a slice of bacon on the chicken then take off foil 10 mins at end to brown the bacon... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Only way I can get the kids to eat cabbage haha

-@koviet

Andy's answer is great.

The "place/store" is called the local fresh market.

Stir fry a meat with green veggies.

Learn to love cabbage, as you can thinly slice it, stir fry with onions and eat it like noodles.

Avoid sauces unless you know for sure there's no sugar added (there often is in Vietnam).
-@OceanBeach92107

Great answers,

While we were living in USA, wife and I were told we're both 'prediabetic' (her Father is diabetic, but was made well within normal range once he stopped gorging himself and eating way too much sugar, my wife changed his diet)........ Howevvvvver, he was not happy about the lack poor Ba talk after this, so he became less interested, covertly began eating his old way, overeating sugary foods, even downing tablespoons of sugar, we think for the added attention.

All that aside, we are both Vegan here, always have been, our prediabetic stayed just that together slowing  on the copious amount of starch, amounts of rice she ate, which in turn now keeps her in range. .Remaining prediabetic. While we no longer have pampering of USA health care. WE do go to DIAG, got a full panel done once so far, this year, our first year back in VN.

I think OB is also a well versed person, a Nurse in his old pro life.

Hope this helps.

MAc

@Mac68 and all others reading this thread: you might like to read Glucose Revolution, a book by Jessie Inchauspé.

I haven't finished it yet, but it explained why I have . . .

Been called pre-diabetic by at least one doctor;

Sometimes have crashes so deep I feel like I am going to pass out, but eating anything -- anything -- makes the feeling go away almost instantly. In addition to feeling like I'm going to faint, I also have jitters. The crashes come in the afternoon even though I ate a reasonably healthy lunch just a couple of hours before;

Can't lose weight no matter how much I do "intermittent fasting" or keto diet.

The author explains why it's NOT just about how many calories one consumes -- 100 calories of ice cream is going to hit one's system VERY differently than say 100 calories of stir fried beef and morning glory shoots. :)

Much of the science comes from wearing (internally) a continuous glucose monitor instead of taking pin-prick blood samples analyzed for glucose levels. The former tells the story hidden by the latter.

Read the book! You won't regret it.

:)

Happy New Year!