Where and how do I renew my portugese passport in Lisbon?

Hello!

I am a Portugese passport holder living in Kenya.   About four years ago the Portugese Embassy in Kenya closed and moved to Mozambique and now I would like to get my passport renewed and also take a holiday in Portugal.

I need some assistance to know where I should go? How long it will take and finally the cost?

Thank you,

Syl Pires

Joy1229 wrote:

Hello!

I am a Portugese passport holder living in Kenya.   About four years ago the Portugese Embassy in Kenya closed and moved to Mozambique and now I would like to get my passport renewed and also take a holiday in Portugal.

I need some assistance to know where I should go? How long it will take and finally the cost?

Thank you,

Syl Pires

I suggest you contact the Embassy in Mozambique for information and costs.

Hi Joy,

Stumpy is right, you'll need to contact the Portuguese Consulate in Mozambique for information. It is quite likely that you can download a passport renewal form online and get the passport renewed at the Mozambique Consulate.

Hopefully your current passport is still valid or you're going to have real problems leaving Kenya.

You should also check with the Consulate to find out if they have a simplified application for renewal passports as some countries do, this usually does away with the requirement of finding a Guarantor who has known you for two years to sign the back of your photo and the application form.

Thank you all for the response.   However I am travelling to Europe & it would be great to complete the same in Portugal since I will be there anyway.   If you know how I can go about it it would be great.   

Thanks!

You can do it right at the airport, or at least get some more information there. There is a 'Loja do Passaporte' in the Departures lounge that is open from 9h to 19h on weekdays and 9h to 14h on weekends and holidays.

The official website is www.pep.pt and it also has an english version, apparently. Finally, I'll give the link to a pdf from the site with a list of places where passports can be emitted. http://www.pep.pt/documentos/Onde_pedir … 202014.pdf
Please beware, even though the link came from the official website it seems to have been last updated in 2007...

Once in Portugal find any 'Loja do Cidadão' and they should have a counter to issue passports - normal  - I think +- 3 days. Can have urgent service - very expensive.