Buying house on Danube river - seeking infos

Hi everyone,

I'm a retiree from FL  considering buying a house in a small town a bit south of Belene on the Danube River. I'm interested in contacting folks in the area to gain info  mainly if there are any English speakers there.
thanks,

John

Hi John, my wife and i are English  and live just out side Ruse. a bit further into Bulgaria than your going to. We are also semi new here as we have only been here just over 16 months but willing to help if we can with any questions or problems you have . Are you thinking of coming over to view first or have you,----    bought unseen ?  ( not a good idea ) i would recomend having a few weeks here first to look around Bulgaria and to see what is available and where brit's / Americans are. I do know that there is a lot of british in Varna area and on the black sea, also in Veleko tarnovo area. hope this helps .
Regards, Adrian & Lynn.

Hello all,

@John : Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Bulgaria Forum so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards

Kenjee

Hello John ,

Welcome to Bulgaria ! We are also living near the Donau river . Many other EU and UK citizen are living our region.
Iff I can help you with some information or pictures you can always mail me . Sure all this for free ,
                                                                       Have a nice day ,
                                                                                      Axinia
mail : [email protected]

Hi Adrian & Lyn
Just saw your post, glad that things are going ok for you both, just a question how do you find the medical side of things out there ( if needed) we are due out for our 2nd trip to have a good for properties, now that our house in the UK has sold, apart from that how are you finding things ?

Kind Regards Nigel & Doris

Hello John ,
Welcome to Bulgaria . We are also living near the beautifull Donau river . If you like I can send you a lot of pictures from the river .
                                                     Axinia
[email protected]

Buy mozzie repellant!  ;)