Crossovers considered to be SUVs?

Hello,

I heard that in order to buy an SUV it's needed to have residing family in KSA. Is this true?
If so, are the crossovers like Kia Sportage considered to be an SUV during the car registration?

Thanks!

Yes sir you need to have a residence permit and a valid Saudi driving license before you can own a car.

Yes on both counts..
But this is the country where a nice new bill of reasonable denomination in the right pocket makes all that go away.

live.ali wrote:

Yes sir you need to have a residence permit and a valid Saudi driving license before you can own a car.

Iqama and driving license - for sure.

the question was if I need to have my family here, in order to buy even a crossover.

SteveSmith wrote:

Yes on both counts..
But this is the country where a nice new bill of reasonable denomination in the right pocket makes all that go away.

I also heard that if I don't have my family living here, I need to pay 300 SR in order to buy SUV (perhaps the same applies for crossovers), is this a true statement?
and this 300 is something official, not a pocket dessert.

ive heard all of the above. but ive heard it only apply to 4x4.  so im not sure what exactly to tell you :/
But i know for a fact there is a fee

Well I bought a Santa Fe.. When I went there the first time.. I was told not possible as my Family were not here.. I talked to someone at my work, who gave me a number to a sales man at the show room.. I gave him a nice new 500 note.. and it was all sorted..
3 days later I drove away in my brand new Car.