Migrate to Australia

Hi! me and my family are mexicans and we are very interested in migrate to Australia. We are not looking for a big city to live on (maybe Adelaide). We are honest and simple people. I wonder if one of you that have migrated from Mexico to Australia can help us to be informed how difficult is to get a job in Australia. We are considering  for a qualified professional visa, but it´s so expensive the process thru an agent here in Mexico, also the agent we found are promoting to Victoria and I think the competence for big cities is harder and they are expensive too for living.

So many questions, I know, but It´ll be great to speak with somebody to help us to understand what can we really expected in Australia, so we can find the best option for our family. We are 4, My husband 40 years old, my kids 12 and 5. We really appreciate your responses, tips and connection for us to sense how far is the migration advertising from reality.

Thank you so much!!

Sanju_Alvarez wrote:

Hi! me and my family are mexicans and we are very interested in migrate to Australia. We are not looking for a big city to live on (maybe Adelaide). We are honest and simple people. I wonder if one of you that have migrated from Mexico to Australia can help us to be informed how difficult is to get a job in Australia. We are considering  for a qualified professional visa, but it´s so expensive the process thru an agent here in Mexico, also the agent we found are promoting to Victoria and I think the competence for big cities is harder and they are expensive too for living.

So many questions, I know, but It´ll be great to speak with somebody to help us to understand what can we really expected in Australia, so we can find the best option for our family. We are 4, My husband 40 years old, my kids 12 and 5. We really appreciate your responses, tips and connection for us to sense how far is the migration advertising from reality.

Thank you so much!!

Welcome to Expat.com.

You do not have to use an expensive agent to get a visa. It can be done online. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au 

Australia is an expensive country to live in and is officially rated as the 4th most expensive economy in the world.
Schooling, rents, food, cars, transport etc are expensive. For cost of living www.numbeo.com  The average family is struggling these days and with the latest budget just out this week the new Govt is slashing all sorts of benefits, payments, fuel etc which will affect the mid to lower income families

Jobs are becoming hard to find especially for expats as the unemployment rate rises. Try this website for jobs to give you an idea of what is around. www.seek.com.au or do an online search for whatever line of work your husband is seeking.

You could also Google mexican communities or clubs in australia and perhaps contact them for information.

I am sorry if I sound like a doom and gloom merchant but this is the reality of Australia and not sugar coated as the agents do. Good luck.

Thank you Stumpy. I'm agree that it's better to star looking for a Job from México at same time we apply for the visa.

Thank you so much.

Hi Sanju,

The immigration process can be simple provided that you're prepared to give it some reading time. Checkout www.immmi.gov.au ; as there are a couple work visa options.

I'm currently living in Adelaide and given that the entire state is considered 'regional' you should be able to find an employer who can sponsor you. Obviously it depends on you profession. From a medical point of view finding and applying for jobs are simple and usually the employer can lodge the visa on your behalf ( depending on what you are applying for). Some job websites are ; seek.com.au and indeed.com.au.

Once your husband and yourself have a good profession, it won't be difficult living comfortably here. Yes things are expensive  but very manageae with the right income and hard work.

Best of luck

C

Hi Sanju_Alvarez,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Australia forum for more visibility and to help you to talk freely to the other members members. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers: