Best place to stay in Athens?

Hello,
I'm about to move to Athens, I will travel within few weeks. I will stay in Athens for about 9 months or more. I wonder what's the best place to settle down in Athens. Currently I'm looking for an apartment to rent. I'm looking for quiet area close to the park(s), I will live alone but I'd like to have a run every other day in the neighborhood.I heard that most accommodation buildings are max 5 stories. I'm saying that because I'm looking for an apartment with a nice view.
My work will be mainly in the Northern Athens, but it I wouldn't mind staying in any other place as long it's quiet and green.

Hi Count_D,

Welcome on board :)

I invite you to please post an advert in the Flats for rent in Athens section as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hey.,
Kifissia would be a good option.. It's a quite area with lots of greenery plus it's in north of athens:)

Good luck with your move..

Hello Count D,
I agree with Vineet, me and family live in Kifissia as well, all houses in my neighborhood are full of trees, very quiet, and the land is quite high so you can choose one with a view, for example in Cheimaras street. I know 1 apartment there that has a nice view, i'm sure there are some other more. Good luck for your move.

Thanks you all for your comments, it's highly appreciated.

I found that Kifissia is very close to the mountain Pentelicus, could that be of any danger?
And also as it's high area, would you suffer any lack of general services like water, electricity, mobile coverage, ... etc.

So far i never heard of any danger of this mountain. I dont know  about other people.
And about general services, i never had problem, i'm using EYDAP for water and DEI for electricity, Cosmote for the internet connection at home (wi-fi), we use vodafone for the mobile. Everything's going great.

Thanks VctoriaDuplenne for your help :)

VctoriaDuplenne, would you mind telling me what you use for the heating?
Thanks

You're most welcome. Our house uses petrol for the heating, but a lot of other houses use gas as well.

So you don't have any preference for petrol over gas I think?

I don't know a lot about the preferences, some of housing agency said gas is better, some of them said petrol is more economic, and at the end all of them said it depends on  your consumption, hehe  :)

VctoriaDuplenne, Ok, I understand. Thanks a lot for the info :)

you're most welcome.
Ask me anytime.. good luck for your move..  ;)