Will be moving to Bratislava in one month, how do I find rent?

Hello,

I'll be moving to Bratislava in about one month. How do I find a nice studio to rent that can also be cheap(er) than 400 euro?

I mean, where do I look, how do I proceed?

Hello and Welcome on Expat-blog! You should have a look at the Bratislava classifieds > accommodation section and place an ad there.

Good luck
Christine

Hey Christine,

Thanks for your fast reply. I've took a look there but I would like it most if I could get some opinions from people that have been in my place before. How have they done it?

Hi

You will find most on sites like this

reality.sk they also have an English option.

Another page is spectator.sk which is the local English language paper, owned by a larger media group. They have a link to the rentals also in English.

Be careful as they tend to count rooms as lounge room + bedrooms, so a one bedroom would be called a 2 room flat and a 2 bedroom would be called a three room flat etc.

You should be able to find something quite nice for less tha 400 provided you don't mind a 5 min bus/tram trip to the centre.

Good luck

Thanks!!!

That's really helpful. I thought that one bedroom was garzonka, which I wouldn't have minded. But mor space is better :)
Now it remains to be seen how do I coordinate coming to Bratislava with viewing apartments and with renting. BTW, I was astonished to find out that you can get from the center to the limit of the city in 15 minutes :D

Hello,

try http://roommates.sk/ or some other sites for sharing. Also if you want to have something on your own, search mostly in local newspapers and bulleting boards. You can find a lot on internet, but usually best things are in physical media.

sfetea wrote:

Thanks!!!

That's really helpful. I thought that one bedroom was garzonka, which I wouldn't have minded. But mor space is better :)
Now it remains to be seen how do I coordinate coming to Bratislava with viewing apartments and with renting. BTW, I was astonished to find out that you can get from the center to the limit of the city in 15 minutes :D

Hi there,
just to correct you, the 15 minutes is not really true :))... please just check here, if you want, whenever you'll have any place chosen, we can tell you here the real estimate :).

(btw, i am renting a place, but it's 3 rooms, so you probably wouldn't be interested)

(Moderated: no free ad in the forum pls)

HI, EVERYONE!!!

Hello

Yes,tomorrow a travel to Bratislava planing to stay Long time...I'm looking for a Garzonka or room for rent, cheap! please.

You can help me?

Hello Rosabella11 -> Could you please be more explicit? :/

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Rosabella11 -> I suggest you to post an advert in the Housing in Bratislava section. It shall help.

Good luck,
Aurélie

hola a todos

Dear Sir,
I am looking to buy a  flat in bratsilava , my question is (( shall I get a residence permit in )) if I bought
one flat and rsgiister it in to my namme ????
I shall thanks full to you
hope to hear from you
best regards
Mounir Mahroum