Resignation

Hi All
I started working in Bahrain less than one month, now I want to resign to move to Dubai, I would like to know if they need to go with me to the aeroport to cancel my visa? Do I have to give them my CBR? The Bahraini driving license?
thanks

I have not been in that situation but if you speak to your HR department they will guide you. There is a chance that as you have been here such a short amount of time that you will have to pay the company back for your flights, your visa, your CPR, and any other benefits they provided you with.

Your Bahrain licence will need to be converted back to your original and again how you do this is beyond me.

Your visa and CPR etc will be cancelled on the system and if you try to re enter Bahrain using them they will flag as invalid.

The ministry should cancel all paperwork with the help of your employer

Thanks Jo,
I will wait for other inputs
I started on the 11march, and will resign 10th of April, means exactly one month, I don't think that I need to refund the visa cost, the hotel for this month, the rent car etc.
others please confirm or not?

It all depends on your contract but it is very likely that they will ask you to pay all your allowances back to them since you will be leaving within a month. How long is your probation period? Usually there is a clause in your contract about you paying back all the allowances back to them. This could include accommodation allowance (in your case the hotel), car allowance (if you were given that) etc. They might not take the CPR card from you but it will be invalid and if you try to use it anywhere, it will be flagged as canceled.

I don't think they will go to the airport with you, but they will give you a certain time (usually a couple of months) to leave the country. The validity on your visa will change.

Thanks Guy,
I just took my contract and read it.
nothing is mentioned, the only thing they put that the probation period is 3months, what would be the notice period if I resign, I though one day but I don't find anything in the contract.

I have another question, more urgent,
I want to watch the champions league.
where I can watch the match?
please advise

Your probation period would be about a month during probation period. It will never be one day.

For Champion's League, I am not into football so I don't know, but I would say go to any of the Shisha places and they will be showing it.

I will go now to watch the match :)

Your priorities amaze me.

Hi Pirlo,

Some of the answers here are not totally correct.

As per the Bahraini labor law, the probation period can be from one to three months, even six months in certain circumstances.
During that period, any of the parties can stop the contract with one day notice.

Nothing can be deducted from your salary unless it is written in the contract. If there is nothing in yours, they can't ask you to pay back for your visa or accommodation, car or whatsoever.

Your visa will be cancelled by your employer with the LMRA. When done, you will have one month to leave the country.

CPR and driving licence are personal IDs. Your employer has no right to take them from you.

Enjoy your Dubai life :D

Cheers

Olivier

Thanks Olivier,
I'm outside now,
I crossed the shabab avenue but no coffee is showing football
I'm sad :(

finally I found one chic coffee in Adliya, without shishas
I saw the second half: real 3: gala 0.

Merci Olivier,je suis soulage.
I'm happy that the notice period is one day, because I need to start the other job on the 15th of April.

Thanks guys for your quick comments

I will go now to watch the match :)

Your priorities amaze me.

:lol::lol:

@ Olivier-France -

CPR and driving licence are personal IDs. Your employer has no right to take them from you.

But does the CPR and driving licence get cancelled on the system when you leave?

Jaz

Hi Jazzy,

Thé CPR will be updated in LMRA system with the visa cancellation. You can keep the smart card as a souvenir though :p
For the driving license there is no cancellation process of any kind.
The only thing you have to do with the traffic department is to clear your car registration account of any fine there would be otherwise you won't be able to sell it.

Hope it's more clear :D

Cheers

Olivier

Olivier-France wrote:

Hi Pirlo,

Some of the answers here are not totally correct.

As per the Bahraini labor law, the probation period can be from one to three months, even six months in certain circumstances.
During that period, any of the parties can stop the contract with one day notice.

Nothing can be deducted from your salary unless it is written in the contract. If there is nothing in yours, they can't ask you to pay back for your visa or accommodation, car or whatsoever.

Your visa will be cancelled by your employer with the LMRA. When done, you will have one month to leave the country.

Enjoy your Dubai life :D

Cheers

Olivier

Answers given were based on the information provided which was minimal.  Hence using the terms MAY.

I said basically the same as you so I'm glad we are singing off the same hymn sheet

Hi,

I worked for a company for 15 months. I resigned without signing the contract. Employer approved my resignation. Company sent deduction notice that they will deduct some amount from my salary.
They will deduct arrival ticket charges, visa and agent fee.

It is stated in the contract(not signed) that if you resign before 12 months then you have to pay the visa fee and processing fee. And nothing written on arrival air ticket.

Could anyone tell what is Bahrain labor law? Pleasee sent me the link if possible for the labor law.

Dear Fellow Expats

I have worked in the Middle East for over 10 years without any problem.  I am an English teacher. I moved to Bahrain and made this place my home. I have bought a property and have worked at a few top schools in Bahrain with problems the school sponsored me. Then the Principal from Hell arrived he instantly took a dislike to me, along with many others. However l questioned him about an issue of pay. This was the beginning and the end for me. Since last year June 2013  up until l resigned this year December he has hounded me, taken the law of Bahrain into his own hands, and the board support his actions. The HR at the school her self put a letter of grievance into the board about this Pricicipal however she suddenly dropped her greivance.

Finally enough was enough after being accused for something l did not do. The parents have all supported me and demanded l continue to work at the school. However the Principal had other plans. I resigned l asked according to Bahrain Labor Law my salary owed and other payments l was entitled too. This l have received after having to go to the school several times. Now he refuses to give me my payment for a retuen ticket home. WHAT L NEED TO KNOW IS!! IN THE BAHRAIN LABOR LAWS I HAVE SEEN THAT IT SAYS THAT A NON BAHRAINI SHOULD BE PAID A RETURN TICKET BACK TO HIS NATIONALITY HOME PLACE OR TO WHERE IT STATES ON THE CONTRACT. He refuses to pay for this ticket. Can any one give me guidelines as to whether he can do this??

Thank you

Hi

Hi
I worked for a company for 11 months right now, my problem is, i want to resign coz i find a new job. But they said you must finish 1year to make you resign. But i dont like to finish it.
So many people said to 9 months you can make resign, It is true?

Thank you

You only have a month left to do - surely it would be better if you just finish your contract.  Am sure if your new employer wants you enough they will wait that very short time.

TenzoAntonio wrote:

Hi

Hi
I worked for a company for 11 months right now, my problem is, i want to resign coz i find a new job. But they said you must finish 1year to make you resign. But i dont like to finish it.
So many people said to 9 months you can make resign, It is true?

Thank you

I too advise you to wait for one more month if that is all it takes to keep your present employer happy. That's the least you can do.

my new employer he need me july 5, 2014, and im coming 1 year in july 10.

They cant wait 5 days???

Are you sure you want to work for them if they are already that unreasonable?

yes, coz my new job is my professional career.,if i can not resign on that day, my new employer cancel my offer letter. i already took to my HR manager, I said to him,If I have any balance I am willing to pay. But they said you my finish one year. So right now I dont know waht to do.

You are in a sticky position. I would really think hard and carefully about the "new job".

You can resign anytime you want. 1 year rule applies if you want to transfer  your visa to another company. Before the first year, you can't do that anyway. So technically your old company will have to cancel your visa, you need to exit and re-enter the country and the new company gets the visa. It's the official way anway, some companies may know ways around it.

As others said, your new company is being unreasonable. It's only 5 days we are talking about. If they are being like this for such a small issue, think about the bigger issues in the future and how they will handle it.

Hi started work in bahrain about 6 months ago . Now i want to resign because my owner trading every staff like animal i have 1 year woek visa and aggrement of teo year but its not possible for me to servive with currnt company..please guaid me what can i do can i resign and find another job or i have to leave bahrain..according to aggrement duty timing is ten to eleven hours and weekly off but there is not weelky off nor over time ..please guaid me

You can always resign by giving notice to your employer. The notice period should be written in your contract.

Ok but if the owner demand 500 dinnar should i have to pay or not? 16 of augest six months will complete ..the dnt pay any overtime i am working contuniosly daily 14 to 16 hours on friday 17 to eighten hours.. Due to non stop duty my helth is going down but the owner dind relise he is not a humanbeing ...plesae guaid me properly because i am the only responsible of my family...

Dear...sir...madam..what is the procedure of resignation what i have to do

If you do not complete your contract then it is usual for your employer to ask for reimbursement of visa fees and expenses.

Dear, I am an expat from PH. I am currently working here in bahrain for 7 months. I was planning to change my work and transfer to different company. What are the guidelines for resignation?Because, I already send my boss a soft copy of my resignation letter. Thanks

Dear all , I am working with company from   dec 2013 . And my visa is valid up to  dec 2015 . Now I do not want to continue with this I job . So are my obligation or liability . Like I can resign . If yes how much I have pay to company or is there any ban in GCC .

dear singh99,

you can resign but to avoid any legal obligation you should do it as per the terms and conditions put down in your offer letter and the employer can ask you to pay accordingly.

T&R
Arjun

Dear All

In these situations, cant you just go to an airport and fly away, without giving any notice?

Kindly

Nick

dear Nick978,

Offcourse if you have your passport with you and if you dont want to come back to Bahrain (or any other GCC). Your employer could blacklist you (and there is news that the blacklist could be shared across GCC). So you would want to think about it.

T&R
Arjun

Hi, im already 1 yr in the company amd already have an offer letter from a new company.with the current employer they let us signed a contract that in case we'll not finish 2yrs, we have to pay amounting to less 500bd.is this contract valid? because I heard that there is an existing law here in Bahrain that the expatriate can transfer to a different employer if he/she has reached 1yr and will not pay anything for the release.and also on my 2nd and 3rd month here they deduct my salary. They said its part of the placement fee..I hope u can answer my queries.  Thanks

dear twinkle718,

I don't think so there is such a rule in Bahrain. As you have signed the 2 year contract your bound by it and if you dont honor the contract you may need to pay what the company asks you to (the charges which the company has paid for like visa, medical and so on) and if you dont pay, decide to leave them the company could take legal action and you could also be blacklisted by LMRA (there are some cases which i know of).

good luck

T&R

I have not heard of a rule that says that which is the case across the board.  Your individual contract should have all the information you're looking for and maybe HR can help if you don't understand or you want more clarification.

I do know that not finishing your contract can either be okay or a real pain, so I would be certain of the consequences before you make your next move.  Good luck with finding your answer!

Thanks for the response...it's a great help having answers in my mind. But  I think the amount they are asking was too much because of the two-month deduction they have incurred me when I was new.and after all they will get a refund from the lmra if my new employer applies for the transfer visa..

Hi 
I am Shakil I am working in Bahrain from last 14 month I have resign my company they asking me 310 bhd from expenses they are telling visa 83bd, Mumbai to Bahrain ticket 97bd, CPR 20 bd with service charge overhead management 100 bd. This much I have to pay they are telling what to do I don't have any idea.