Marrying a moroccan woman

I don't know about foreign citizens, but if the Registrars office won't issue it to you because you're foreign, then your only option left is to contact the Pakistani Embassy and ask for it. Other papers you will require is Police record. Again, I don't know if you can obtain it from the Irish Police, or whether you need a Pakistani Police record. But since you're living in Ireland, I would first attempt to obtain it from Ireland, if that's not possible, you would have to contact your Embassy. The entire process of marrying in Morocco is quite lengthy, so you need to ensure you have all the correct paperwork before you travel.

Thank you jazak  Allah brother i will do that .

Brother i have recieved police certificate from local police and i went to pakistani embassy they did not offer me much help they dont issue such documents and they told me to contact NADRA in pakistan .i did and they had same reply so i am clueless .

Wa Jazak AllahuKhair.

If you have received a copy of your Police record from the Irish Police, that's sufficient. Then your next focus will be getting a certificate of non-impediment, which I'm sure you can get from the local marriage/registry office.

Asalaam  o alikum brother
I am going to marry morocan girl too .i called pakistani embassy in moroco
The list which they gave me was
1 father's NOC on your marriage attested by ministry of foriegn affair pakistan
2 Single or unmarried certificate attested as above
3. NIC copy of father attested by court notoripublic
4 your valid origional Nic And Passport plus there copies
5 Police certificate
All the above documents from bride and groom side

Also obtain a certificate that you're Muslim, from your Masjid.

And i dont know from very to get single /ummarried certificate if you know please share with me thank you

umarratta wrote:

And i dont know from very to get single /ummarried certificate if you know please share with me thank you

Do you have Irish citizenship/passport?

No brother i dont have irish citizenship
I just have a work permit .i am pakistani nation .

Have you asked at the Marriage/registry office in your area if you can obtain a certificate of non-impediment? I don't know about foreign citizens, but I got mine from the local registry office here. If they don't give it to you, then you may have to get the Pakistani one instead. But first contact them, and see what they say.

Also since you're on a work permit, check what restrictions they have on it, as you will need to know whether they will allow her to come and live with you, if you intend to bring her over to Ireland.

Bringing her here after marriage is not going to be an issue as my friends also have their wives living with them here got visa easily .the problem is with these documents .do you have any idea about document of recidency which is also a requirment

Document of residency? I'm not sure what that is. Well I took a certificate of naturalization.

Asalaam o alikum
What is capacity to marriage certifate

Where did you get it?cerificate of  Naturalization

A certificate of naturalization, is obtained when you're given citizenship of the country.

Anyway, can you tell me where you're getting your list from. Who is telling you about the list of papers to bring? Are you getting the information from a website, from your future wife, or from where?

I went to morocco 2 months ago
The ministry there gave me one list
including capacity of marriage bla bla
And i called pakistan embassy who will give me certificate of capasity to marry if i bring these five documents .

They only ask about documents dont tell where from i can get them

There is so much confusion

Marriage in Morocco is never easy. Even when you have gathered together all the required papers, and travel to Morocco, when you get there, there is another set of papers that you prepare over there, as well as translate the papers you have brought with you, so it's not the end of your headache!

What I would suggest for you to do, is speak to your future wife, and let her find out about all the papers that you need to bring. So if there is any papers missing, it's her fault, not yours. She should know all the papers that is needed for marriage in Morocco. So it's her responsibility to tell you everything you need to bring. You're not Moroccan or living in Morocco, so it's difficult for you to do it without her help.

Yes brother
She is completly on board with me abd she know about these documents but i am still finding it difficult to produce two main documents .like i said before
1Document of residency
and 2 certificate of non impediment
I dont know where to get them .now you have told me that the local registrar might help me so today was bank holiday tomorrow i will try to go and ask . I am not in my home country its difficult and i am at work from 8-5 never helps the cause .i am going to morroco on 20 august have my annual leave 2 weeks hope to get nikah at that time .insha allah

Okay. First deal with certificate of non-impediment, as it may take time to obtain. So try ask about it tomorrow.

umarratta wrote:

Yes brother
She is completly on board with me abd she know about these documents but i am still finding it difficult to produce two main documents .like i said before
1Document of residency
and 2 certificate of non impediment
I dont know where to get them .now you have told me that the local registrar might help me so today was bank holiday tomorrow i will try to go and ask . I am not in my home country its difficult and i am at work from 8-5 never helps the cause .i am going to morroco on 20 august have my annual leave 2 weeks hope to get nikah at that time .insha allah

To be honest, you may not be able to go to Morocco on the 20th of this month. The police paper took me 2 weeks to obtain. The certificate of non-impediment took me 21 days to obtain. I'm not sure how long it will take you, but this is something to consider, just in case you plan to book your tickets.

(( i think i will not be going..well still  i need to figure out about these documents

Until you have all the documents in your hand, don't book your ticket. Don't worry about the documents, they are not hard to do InSha'Allah, as we have a few members on this thread who will help you sort this out. Just first deal with 2 important papers:

1 - Certificate of non-Impediment
2 - Police record

After that, it becomes a lot easier. Just don't get stressed. :)

Umarratta, are u sure that u need two certificates of no impediment?

betysam wrote:

Umarratta, are u sure that u need two certificates of no impediment?

There is nothing such as two certificates of non-impediment. So you certainly don't need it. Just one!

They won't even give you 2 certificates of non-impediment, even if you pay again! Only way to get another copy is to have lost your original certificate!

So don't worry, nothing such as two! There is only one! Lose it, apply and pay again! :)

My suggestion to both of you, don't worry too much about it! If I can do it, anyone can. :D

I came into Morrco on 20 August . Making all these papers made me completely mad :( .

Are you sure it's not her, who turned you mad?

are u bro furqan?

I am not furqan bro

If some body need any kind of information regarding marriage in Morrco . I would love to help them because I wouldn't like some body face problems the way I faced :(

Hi Atikhonee, Salam alikom wa rehma...

I am fresh to this post and would like to know what kind of difficulties you faced... actually i am in contact with one girl but still we are unsure about our future relation, Allah knows the best...but i will really appreciate if you can explain what kind of problems you have faced? I hope Allah will ease your problems...ameen

Fjkhan . I have inbox you a message . Read it

noted

Hi brother i am from england and usually go to agadir. I WAS in process of getting married in moroc but did not for some reasons. I  usually go to dublin as well and am pakistani origin  will be there in agadir on 23rd of september.If i can be of any help to you let me know. dr assim   by the way my e-mail is [email protected].

My advice is, not to rush and marry. Most of those moroccan marriages fail.

06 September 2014 12:06:42
Re: Getting married with a Moroccan Girl . what should you do ?!
Re certificate of no impediment.
I am in a bit of a problem.  I was intending to get married to my Fiancee in November.  The problem is the uk and British embassy will not issue me with a certificate of no impediment.  I can not get one from the zimbabwe as at the moment I am stateless.  It would have been ideal to get married in Morocco.  The alternative I have now is bring my fiancee to uk on a fiancee visa. 
Is there any way I can do without the certificate of no impediment.
Secondly how do I prove I am a Muslim.  My birth certificate does not show ones religion.

Closed