Marriage in Morocco - Administrative process mixed marriage

residency certificate would only be required if you are currently an approved residence on Ireland. if not then don't worry about it.
the single marriage certificate you would also need to get from Pakistan from government authority i suppose. in new zealand we get it from the department of internal affairs, but in Pakistan you may want to contact your embassy who would do this for you.

Do i need any alternative of residency certificate .? And i dont know no authority in pakistan i will to give me such document as single marriage certificate. Stuck

just take your passport with you and certified translation of your original birth certificate that will be fine....if you are a resident of Ireland then take a photocopy to prove this as well...may be useful.
unfortunately you need this single status certificate, there is no other way to get around it and authorities in morocco will not let you marry if you don't have this sorry. its probably the most important paper of them all. you will have to find a way to get his somehow. contact your embassy

here i found a way you can get this single stat certificate from someone elses experience.

The Single Status Certificate or in other words Unmarried Certificate is an affidavit on stamp paper of Pakistan written and signed by your close relatives, for example, Father or Brother.
It simply says that you is not currently married. Then you need it to be approved by notary public and magistrate 1st class. Then after that you visit to the foreign office and stamp it.

In morocco you need to bring it to the Pakistan Embassy accredited to morocco. They give you Non Objection Certificate.

06 September 2014 12:06:42
Re: Getting married with a Moroccan Girl . what should you do ?!
Re certificate of no impediment.
I am in a bit of a problem.  I was intending to get married to my Fiancee in November.  The problem is the uk and British embassy will not issue me with a certificate of no impediment.  I can not get one from the zimbabwe as at the moment I am stateless.  It would have been ideal to get married in Morocco.  The alternative I have now is bring my fiancee to uk on a fiancee visa. 
Is there any way I can do without the certificate of no impediment.
Secondly how do I prove I am a Muslim.  My birth certificate does not show ones religion.

heya.
unfortunately you will need to have a no impediment to marriage certificate provided by your home country and then have the paperwork authorised by a moroccan embassy accredited to your home country. Without this paper it can't go ahead as Moroccan authority (police and adoul) need to see you are not married or what your relationship history is.
certificate of religion can either be obtained by your local mosque with the main person there writing a letter on a letter head to approve you are in face muslim.
hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks for the reply . I just have to wait a while.  I hope my fiancee understand.  Unfortunately I cannot not obtain a certificate from the embassy of my home country as I fall in the refugee category.

Hi! I'm from Hungary. My English not very good. I want advice from you. We are to be married. I want to ask what do I if I have no earn certificate? Can I show paper by tax office, too? Can I show anything Instead of paper?Please help me. Thank you.

Hi! Can you give me this marriage office address or phone number? Thank you for help!

Hi. Does anyone know if a moroccan man can marry in the UK? Obviously he will be here on a visa.
Is the marriage recognised in Morocco?
Can we marry in the UK and have some sort of celebration in Morocco also?
We want both families to share in our celebrations so will have a wedding in one country first...and hopefully a vow renewal or something in the other country.
I want to find the best way round this wedding planning, England is certainly the less stressful option as we don't have any of the running about and translating of documents and medicals to go through.
I would appreciate any advise or knowledge on this please. JOBY  :heart:

Depends on the visa he will be on. Tourist, student, fiance etc? The type of visa matters.

It's doubtful you'd get that unmarried Moroccan man into the UK unless he has a well-paid job, a bank account with savings as well as evidence of regular deposits and possibly a sponsorship from you.

By the way, sneaking a marriage in the UK while he's on a tourist visa would be the quickest way to ensure that he never, ever gets another one either too visit or to reside especially if there is an age difference between the parties.

Hi thank you for your input Laduqesa. No one said that he hasn't already been here on tourist visas, or that there is an age difference...you have just presumed that..which is wrong. Also I did not say that he would be here on a tourist visa either.
Despite your negative comments and the wrongful assumptions, I appreciate your comment..thank you. JOBY

Hi, thank you XB23 it would be a fiancé visa. The problem I have is the marriage being recognised in Morocco and also being able to have a ceremony there too. JOBY  :top:

Joby you can do it that way however he would need to get into the country first and being married would not guarantee he could stay in uk however if you meet the spouse visa requirements I don't think it would be a problem you will need to put your bands of impediment up first here and then you have two months to get married good luck keep me posted I did it in Morocco x

JOBY01 wrote:

Hi, thank you XB23 it would be a fiancé visa. The problem I have is the marriage being recognised in Morocco and also being able to have a ceremony there too. JOBY  :top:

Laws continuously change. If memory serves me right, there was a time when Moroccan marriages where automatically recognized in the UK. Now I don't believe that's the case (according to posts I've read online). So I think if possible, ask him to check with the Adoul's Office/Family Court, or wherever marriages are registered in Morocco, whether UK marriages are currently recognized in Morocco. The point is that someone here may say it's recognized, unbeknownst to them that things have since changed from the time of their marriage or whatever. Thus it's important to actually get the answer from Morocco, or the Moroccan consulate here, just to be on the safe side. Or consult an up to date Moudawana (Moroccan Family Code) if you're able to, or a Lawyer if need be. You don't want to find out later that they no longer recognize them! Anyway, here is what I read on the Moudawana (I don't know if it's the same for mixed marriages):

Moudawana wrote:

Article 14
Moroccans living abroad may conclude their marriage according to the local administrative procedures of their country of residence, provided that the conditions of consent, capacity, and the marital tutor if required are all fulfilled, and that there are no legal impediments to the marriage nor cancellation of the dowry; and this in the presence of two Muslim witnesses and subject to the provisions of Article 21 below.

As a token of our royal concern for our dear subjects residing abroad, marriage procedures are to be simplified for them: the marriage contract is to be drawn up in the presence of two Muslim witnesses and in accordance with the procedures in effect in the country of residence, and then registered with the proper Moroccan consular or judicial authorities, according to the Hadith: 'Seek ease, not hardship.'

So you may be able to get married in the UK, and then register the marriage in Morocco. As I said, best to make sure of this before you do anything.

I think your real problem is being able to obtain a Fiance visa. If you have managed to obtain one already, then that's great. Otherwise, like many others, you will have no option other than to go through the process in Morocco, then later on, apply for a Spouse Visa. I know you would rather avoid the hassle of getting married in Morocco, but so would of those who got married there. But they were forced to go, given how difficult it would be to obtain a Fiance visa.

Hi XB23, thank you very much for this, I appreciate the effort you have gone to to find the information. My partner is going to ask the notary about our options and what is legal in relation to us marrying in the UK. Also about us being able to have a celebration and register the marriage in Morocco. JOBY

You might be able to register a UK marriage, at the Moroccan Consulate in the UK, rather than having to do it in Morocco. I guess another question to get him to ask. Depending on the answers, then obviously that will determine whether you apply for a fiance visa or not (if you haven't already). But from what I've heard, it's not easy to obtain one. I think that explains why most mixed marriages take place in Morocco.

Hi XB23, I found that we can't have a vow renewal in Morocco, but we can in England! So his family would not see that part of the wedding. I'm trying to be fair to both families and obviously I want my family to witness us marrying..and I know he also wants his family to so it is difficult. He is going to ask some questions and find out what our options are.
We have not applied for a fiancé visa yet as we do not know what we want to do. I am there in April for a month and then again for the summer. The fiancée visa shouldn't be too difficult as I meet all the criteria and he will not need anything from the state as he will live in my house.
Thank you for your help.

JOBY01 wrote:

Hi XB23, I found that we can't have a vow renewal in Morocco, but we can in England! So his family would not see that part of the wedding. I'm trying to be fair to both families and obviously I want my family to witness us marrying..and I know he also wants his family to so it is difficult. He is going to ask some questions and find out what our options are.
We have not applied for a fiancé visa yet as we do not know what we want to do. I am there in April for a month and then again for the summer. The fiancée visa shouldn't be too difficult as I meet all the criteria and he will not need anything from the state as he will live in my house.
Thank you for your help.

Well hopefully the more knowledge you gain regarding this matter, the easier it will become to make a final decision about what to do, as it may limit your options, and solve the little dilemma you have here.

To be honest, my comments about the Fiance visa isn't related to whether you satisfy all the requirements or not (obviously you do, as you intend to live here with him). But rather based on the fact I've seen a lot of threads, and I've questioned, why don't they just bring their partner over and get married so easily & so quickly, instead of waiting for answers regarding what papers to prepare and take to Morocco, stay there for a little while and get married. They said they wouldn't be able to get a Fiance visa. So I'm assuming there is some difficulty in obtaining it, as most tend to fly to Morocco, get married. Come back, apply for Spouse Visa, and a number of months later, their partner arrives. There must be something about Fiance visa's, because I don't think most people get married in Morocco out of choice, but because they don't have an option to bring their partner over to get married. I could be wrong.

Hi XB23, I think applying for the fiancé visa people see as an extra lot of hassle when they can marry in Morocco and then apply for the spouse visa. Applying for a fiancé or marriage visa doesn't look much different from the tourist visa apart from having to send evidence of the wedding booking and proof that some payments have been made for the wedding. It is only a 6 month visa so the spouse has to return to their country and then apply for a spouse visa to return. I can see why people only want to apply once as it isn't cheap applying for visas, but I would like to get married in England. Maybe they know something that I don't know about fiancé visas.
As I said, no decision has been made yet.

Well if we add up all the costs & time of marrying in Morocco - Preparing & paying for papers in England. Plane ticket to and from Morocco. Hotel bookings. Paying for papers in Morocco. Transport costs, going out together & other expenses. It doesn't work out that much cheaper than a fiance visa, in my opinion. It might even cost more. I've got no idea about costs, but a fiance visa can save headache and time. And possibly money. Judging from the stories I've read, it does seem like a daunting task to get married in Morocco. But I guess some people manage it better than others, and are well prepared. Personally I would just get married here to avoid the hassle with travelling and marrying abroad. That's me, as the process doesn't seem so simple and smooth. Each to their own.

Hi XB23, exactly! And applying for the fiancé visa I'd the same price as a tourist visa so I don't understand why anyone would risk marrying on a tourist visa. It is much easier to marry in the UK as the Moroccan would only need their visa stamp and passport, no medicals and masses of paperwork.
If we can't have some kind of ceremony in Morocco as well then I will have no choice we will have to marry there. I know we can do a vow renewal in England (but he has to be here first which could take a while).
I would imagine if you show that the wedding is booked in England and deposits paid that immigration would be more inclined to give the visa...but we all know how immigration are not always fair lol. JOBY

Joby they don't care what you have booked believe me don't book anything until he has his visa.... X

I am currently in the same position 3 marriage visas refused the last one just this week, I was a sponsor, I  earn enough, declared he would live with me not claim from the state, to prove wedding plans booked wedding venue, bought plane tickets back to Morocco even had my MP write a letter of support only to be crushed again with another refusal, we are devastated and feel hopeless at the moment, sorry to be negative I'm an eternal optimist, but I am beginning to wonder if it can ever happen ! What's the issue with Morocco and U.K. if anyone has any help I appreciate it and I wish you good luck if you get anywhere please pass It on 😢

Why are they refusing you Paula? What reason don't tell me you've paid for three visas three grand and been refused?

Paulabell wrote:

I am currently in the same position 3 marriage visas refused the last one just this week, I was a sponsor, I  earn enough, declared he would live with me not claim from the state, to prove wedding plans booked wedding venue, bought plane tickets back to Morocco even had my MP write a letter of support only to be crushed again with another refusal, we are devastated and feel hopeless at the moment, sorry to be negative I'm an eternal optimist, but I am beginning to wonder if it can ever happen ! What's the issue with Morocco and U.K. if anyone has any help I appreciate it and I wish you good luck if you get anywhere please pass It on 😢

Unfortunately a large number of the marriage-based immigration applications (from certain countries) it receives are fraudulent/not genuine marriage – that they're just a means for the would-be immigrant to obtain U.K. residence. The application will be carefully scrutinized, and can be rejected for many reasons. Such as whether there is a shared language or not. Difference in age, religion, social class background, educational background etc How they met, how quickly did they marry after meeting and so on. It's not simply about fulfilling the financial requirement/accommodation and whatever else there is to fulfill. If it was just that, then many people would be able to obtain a Spouse visa, considering the requirements are quite easy to meet for the average citizen.

I believe the government keeps track of which countries' citizens commit visa or other immigration fraud at high rates. So the application faces extra scrutiny, due to the increased likelihood of it being fake if the spouse comes from a country with high immigration fraud. It's not your fault or his fault. But that's the reality. Like how the government comes up with new anti-terrorism laws based on the actions of a few nutters. That's just the way things are. People can ruin things for others by their actions.

I'm sorry to hear that Paulabell!  :(  it's so expensive to apply as well.

Hi yeah that's right, in a nutshell they say they believe because he doesn't own property and he Is single that he will have more ties in the U.K. and they don't believe he will return to Morocco, usuall I have fought straight back but I feel so upset and yes out of pocket big time, I hope your case will be different keep me updated

Totally get that I talk to him all the time about the situation in UK and not to take it personal, we have been together 6 year we are both 45 and he speaks perfect English, I truly believed in the system and that they should be strict, we have nothing to hide but it seems being honest isn't paying off for us unfortunatley

What do you mean ties in the UK your his wife I take it?what kind of visa did you apply for

Ah your a sponsor not his wife am I right?

We are engaged trying to be married

I get it now that's why they won't let him here why don't you Marry there?

I am a disabled US citizen in love and wanting to marry a Moroccan Muslim man, we very much want to be able to make this happen I can't travel right now and he wants to come here to get married and help me take care of my 5 yr old son. But we are hitting a lot of red tape cause I'm disabled can anyone help us pleaseeee!!!!!!

Hi Jess

When you say your office was on the main road in bab doukla, please can you tell me which office you are referring to? You mean the office of the adoul?

Also do u know where abouts in marrakesh the family court is? Im going in 3.5 weeks just for a short visit and want to go to the court and find out exactly what documents i need to take with me when i return in april.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I'm planning on getting married the 2nd week of December 2016.

Now I know I require papers before I go over for the visa application, but I'm unsure as to what we need to actually get married. Can anyone from the UK, who has married a Moroccan man, help?

I thank you in advance and look forward to beating from you.

👍🏼

I m same like u planning to get marry in Morroco I live in U.K. Can I contact u so easily we can share information
Thanks

Hi Saslam

Firstly congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Regarding the documents you need there is a long post on another thread by someone who wrote the whole process, what was required and how long it all took. I'll try and find it for you tomorrow (but may take a while so bare with me).

I too am planning to get married to a moroccan man God-willing soon. Do you know if as a woman you need to have a male relative (father, brother, uncle) with you during the initial court process, or at any stage? Please let me know if you find out?

Jojo

Ok thanks for it
Still don't have enough knowledge
Some papers have some collecting let's see