How to find reliable maids in Chiang Mai

Hello

I am moving to Chiang Mai in November, I work half month out of Thailand and have a dog that needs taking care of while I am not at home, can someone please advise where or who is the best place to find a live-in maid in Chiang Mai.

Best regards and thanx

I am also interested in this topic but do not know what a housekeeper or maid requires in terms of pay and conditions. Any comment on this would be much appreciated.

Goodluck by the way circumstantialhome.

Hi,

I have been helping foreigner friends for finding maid. Basically you can pay per month, week or day. It depends on the works and how many hours per day. To get the one who understands English and the differences between Thai, Western kitchens, equipment, products and perspective is very important.

It is very hand-on about selecting the person you like.

Please feel free to contact me.

Boong

Living in Chiang Mai wrote:

Hi,

I have been helping foreigner friends for finding maid. Basically you can pay per month, week or day. It depends on the works and how many hours per day. To get the one who understands English and the differences between Thai, Western kitchens, equipment, products and perspective is very important.

Boong

=====
Your English is good. Not sure why.  Thai's are having trouble finding maids, so I am shocked that you have maids available.

What tribes do you connect with, as I am fairly certain that the maids are not Thai.

Normally a maid makes 100 baht a day, 14 hours a day.  I am not sure what you mean by saying:  "It depends on the works and how many hours per day."

Well, I'd be interested in knowing more about what you are doing, and if you are able to assist me, as I am newly single.  My wife ran away last month. 

Obviously a maid who can cook, clean, and wants to work all day is good, a maid who wants to come and sit down and watch TV all day is not really interesting.

So, I'd like to talk more with you,but am totally confused about what you said about the cost of a maid.  B100 a day is more than enough.  And, in most cases, if a girl is caught talking on a cell phone or the like, they don't even pay her. Also, many times the workers make a deposit with the employer, so that they don't just "stop" working for a Thai holiday and the like.  The employer always keeps some money in reserve, so that he/she can have some loyalty, as loyalty in Thailand always relates to "money."

Well, if you can help me, pm me and we will talk.  But games, not interested in games.

cecco wrote:

So, I'd like to talk more with you,but am totally confused about what you said about the cost of a maid.  B100 a day is more than enough.  And, in most cases, if a girl is caught talking on a cell phone or the like, they don't even pay her. Also, many times the workers make a deposit with the employer, so that they don't just "stop" working for a Thai holiday and the like.  The employer always keeps some money in reserve, so that he/she can have some loyalty, as loyalty in Thailand always relates to "money."

Wow :)

You are someone very interessant to study.
I thought the slave period was end since many time. :)

Code:

100B / DAy = 3100 B max / month
14 H / day of work...

I hope you will never have a tourist police visit you
Minimum wage for salary is :
171 Baths/day in Chiang Mai
206 Baths/day in Bangkok and Samut Prakan
Source: Ministry of Labor, as of January 2010

http://www.boi.go.th/french/how/labor_costs.asp

Labor Costs
Median Monthly Salaries for Selected Positions (Survey Date – Q2/2010)                     

Position

Baht
Skilled Labor 

Semi-Skilled Labor

Unskilled Labor

Driver

Housekeeper

Notes: Bonus conditions vary from business to business, although one to two months extra salary a year is closest to the average. These figures are based on the results of a survey of BOI-promoted companies, conducted in August 2010.

* Salaries are subject to 4% social security fund contribution and 1% workman's compensation contribution (for first 15,000 baht per month of salary)

Overtime Regulations

Overtime on regular working days

1.5 time/hr

Regular work on public holidays

A. Monthly salary employees

1 time/day

B. Daily labor

2 time/day

Overtime performed on public holidays

3 time/hr

Source: Ministry of Labour, as of May 31, 2010

Severance Payment Entitlements

Workers employed for:

More than 120 days but less than 1 year

30 days

More than 1 year but less than 3 years

90 days

More than 3 years but less than 6 years           

180 days

More than 6 years but less than 10 years

240 days

10 years and up

300 days

Source: Ministry of Labour, as of May 31, 2010

2010 Minimum Daily Wage

Province

Baht

US$

Bangkok and Samut Prakarn

Nakhon Phathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, and Samut Sakhon

Phuket

Chonburi and Saraburi

Phra Nakhon Sri Ayutthaya

Chachoengsao

Rayong

Nakhon Ratchasima, Phang-na, and Ranong

Chiang Mai

Krabi, Prachin Buri, and Lop Buri

Kanchanaburi

Phetchaburi

Chanthaburi and Ratchaburi

Singburi and Ang Thong

Prachuap Khiri Khan

Loei, Samut Songkram, and Sa Kaeo

Trang

Songkla

Chumphon, Trat, Nakhon Nayok, Narathiwat, Yala, Lamphun, Ubon Ratchathani, and Uthai Thani

Nakhon Si Thammarat, Pattani, Phattalung, Satun, Surat Thani, Nong Khai, and Udon Thani

Kamphaeng Phet, Chai Nat, Nakhon Sawan, Suphan Buri, Phetchabun

Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Chiang Rai, Buri Ram, Yasothon, Roi Et, and Sakhon Nakhon

Chaiyaphom, Lampang, and Nong Bua Lamphun

Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, and  Amnat Charoen

Maha Sarakham

Tak, Phisanulok, Sukhothai, Surin, Uttaradit, and Mae Hong Son

Nan and Srisaket

Phayao, Phichit, and Phrae

Source: Ministry of Labor, as of May 31, 2010

Public Holidays 2011
Most national holidays and festivals are of a religious nature and serve to evoke a sense of devotion to the monarchy, the religion, and the nation. Some are celebrated by the lunar calendar and thus vary in date from year to year, while others are celebrated according to the solar calendar. Bank Holidays for 2011 are:
January
January 3 (Monday) - Substitution New Year's Day (Saturday, January 1)

February
February 18 (Friday) - Makha Bucha Day

April
April 6 (Wednesday) - Chakri Day
April 13 (Tuesday) - Songkran Festival
April 14 (Wednesday) - Songkran Festival
April 15 (Thursday) - Songkran Festival

May
May 2 (Monday) - Substitution National Labor Day (Sunday, May 1)
May 5 (Thursday) - Coronation Day
May 17 (Tuesday) - Wisakha Bucha Day

July
July 1 (Friday) - Mid Year Closing Day (Bank Holiday but not a public holiday)
July 15 (Friday) - Asarnha Bucha Day

August
August 12 (Friday) - H.M. the Queen's Birthday

October
October 24 (Monday) - Substitution Chulalongkorn Day (Sunday, October 23)

December
December 5 (Monday) - H.M. the King's Birthday
December 12 (Monday) - Substitution Constitution Day (Saturday, December 10)

Source: Bank of Thailand, as of July 2010

Updated 30 November 2010

Thai's rarely pay minimum wage.

They usually hire Burmese and mountain tribes.

For those of you who do not know Thailand, many things can't be discussed.  Always realize that whatever you see is cloaking the truth, which will give you great anxiety to find.

cecco wrote:

Thai's rarely pay minimum wage.

They usually hire Burmese and mountain tribes.

For those of you who do not know Thailand, many things can't be discussed.  Always realize that whatever you see is cloaking the truth, which will give you great anxiety to find.

Hi,

I don t know your thai s friend...
They don t respect law. If your friend kill someone, it means you can too ?

The true is people most of time paid more than minimum wage. Some people think they can be outlaw because they see someone do bad....

Burmese work in burma or must have work permit.

People who engage illegally a foreigner can go to jail for few year, paid big fine and can be forbidden for him to go in thailand for at least 99 year....
You can play with law, if you have problem in future, you will know why.

I don't pay anybody. I rent. I let others pay.  I do no business, no work, and hire nobody.

Hi Boong or anyone there, please help me to look for a live in maid in Chiang Mai Saraphi area.
[email protected]

Hi,

Boong

Hi Boong,

I would like your help in finding a maid.

Please contact me.

Larry

Hello ericsooi & niebla.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

To note that this thread is dated 2011. Concerning the maid, do not hesitate to post an advert in the Jobs in Chiang Mai section. It could help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurélie. I did.

I am looking for a cook and maid in Mae Rim area can you suggest me something? Recently moved to Chiangmai.

Hi Authenticwilly,

I suggest to post an advert in the Housemaid jobs in Chiang Mai section, this might be helpful. :)

Please note that this thread is quite old.

Thank you,

David.

Try in the hills

hi, I am looking for a fulltime but not live in maid appreciate any advice my email is [email protected]   many thanks

@ Leighw7 >

David wrote:

Hi Authenticwilly,

I suggest to post an advert in the Housemaid jobs in Chiang Mai section, this might be helpful. :)

Please note that this thread is quite old.

Thank you,

David.

Mai     I am 73 years old retiring in CM next year. I am looking for live in maid. I do not care about nationality. Prefer older lady. I have lived overseas for 40 years

@ Jimmy > I invite you to post your job offer in the Housemaid jobs in Chiang Mai section as it is the most appropriate section for your job offer.

@ All > Please post all your housemaid job offers or housemaid job requests in the jobs section here : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/thai … emaid.html

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

(Topic closed )

Closed