Registering a birth in Slovenia

Hi,

About to have a baby or already had children? Let's share your experience about the paperworks for registering a birth in Slovenia.

What are the formalities to obtain a birth certificate?

What is the procedure to follow if both parents are of the same nationality or for a mixed couple?

Thank you in advance for participating,

David

i would like to have some information to about this subject.thank you in advance

Hello! Well, i am living in Slovenia and i would like to go away from here...to Mauritius, where i have married last year...i adore that little island!!! So, you had been asking how is with papers if child is born in Slovenia??? It was 3 months ago and i don`t know if you still need that answer, but anyway...if you get a baby in Slovenia, baby automatically gets Slovenian papers...you`ll get the papers about nationality, about name and everything in the hospital...2nd or 3rd day after birth...and later you`ll get a birth certificate on your address...So he gets Slovenian nationality and also from parents...hope i helped :) kisses from Slovenia :*

matea85 wrote:

Hello! Well, i am living in Slovenia and i would like to go away from here...to Mauritius, where i have married last year...i adore that little island!!! So, you had been asking how is with papers if child is born in Slovenia??? It was 3 months ago and i don`t know if you still need that answer, but anyway...if you get a baby in Slovenia, baby automatically gets Slovenian papers...you`ll get the papers about nationality, about name and everything in the hospital...2nd or 3rd day after birth...and later you`ll get a birth certificate on your address...So he gets Slovenian nationality and also from parents...hope i helped :) kisses from Slovenia :*

hi matea, how about the case if both parents are not Slovenian? thanks!!