Toiletries/Groceries

Hi all. I just moved to Melbourne and just joined the message board. Hope I'm in the right place. I moved from the US and have noticed prices of makeup and toiletries are much, much higher here. Does anyone know of an online store to order from, or a store with the lowest prices?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Laurachristian wrote:

Hi all. I just moved to Melbourne and just joined the message board. Hope I'm in the right place. I moved from the US and have noticed prices of makeup and toiletries are much, much higher here. Does anyone know of an online store to order from, or a store with the lowest prices?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Just Google online pharmacies and then compare prices. Just be sure to factor in postage costs.

Hi -
I'm from the USA, have lived in Canberra for 24yrs. Cheapest option for cosmetics, especially, is to stock up whenever you go back to the USA -- prices are about one-third of what they are in Australia. Otherwise, I order from strawberrynet.com, which has free delivery and excellent service, although they will not have everything you need and some price reductions are better than others. It is also possible to order from the USA from amazon.com, but shipping costs may make some purchases uneconomical. Also, watch the retailers' sales in Melbourne -- you will often find cosmetics and toiletries at 25%-33% off, which softens the pain a little. I have also learned to experiment a bit with brands, as you might consider giving up your usual brands or products if you can find something that's useable at a lower price.