Clarification - about resident card

Hi,

My husband is working at brussels and Im on a dependent visa in belgium.

Currently we are at brussels for an onsite tenure from an indian company.We had got our visas through the indian company.

As my husband has got a new job at brussels,he has filed his resignation and we have to travel back to india to
serve the notice period.He has to submit his resident card with the indian employer and he has to get a new visa through the work permit from new belgium employer.I have my resident card and my visa is valid upto Nov 11 2014.My problem is if my husband returns back his resident card and if his file gets closed then,what will happen to my resident card,will my file also be closed or can i travel back with the same resident card?

Another case is that,there is a possibility that i may also have to submit my resident card to the indian employer.In
that situation can i travel back with my visa which is valid upto nov 11 2014 and apply for a new resident card?

Any advice on my situation will be helpful.Thanks!

Hi,

In your position I would definitely contact your Embassy/Consulate. Don't trust your Indian company, since they would not hesitate to backstab or do some tricky maneouver to avoid their employee leaving the company. It would not be the first time I see that.

BR,

Hi Narmatha S,

Are you in a position to give feedback as to what happened to your resident card after your husband returned his?
I am interested to know because my husband and I will be relocating to another country and as required by Belgian authorities, he needs to be deregistered from the population register at the Gemeente. He is Belgian and i have a resident card which expires in 2023. Once we both leave the country, will my resident card be cancelled as iam told he needs to surrender his national identity card to the Gemeente? We still would like to visit Belgium occassionally while living abroad.

I hope i can get feedback from you or any member who may have information,

Thank you,
CF