Need some advices on where to stay and how to manage

Hey,

I am from Lebanon, I am newly married but my husband and I are considering to immigrate to canada because of the situation in our country however I am a bit worried moving to a country that I don't know a lot about and whether it is easy to find a job a house and start a family.
I have done few researches online but it seems very expensive can someone give us some advices on where to stay and how to manage ?

Hi Via507,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Canada forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members.

The most simple way for you to get some starting information is to browse through the Canada forum and by downloading the Canada expat guide.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Moving to Canada is indeed an expensive affair especially if you haven't secured a job yet or if you are not sponsored by your would be employer. What more when you are coming with a family with kids. Some of the move that people do is to have at least one partner come over first, find a job and then when everything seems stable bring in the family. It is not for the faint of heart.

If I understand correctly you would be trying for refugee-status, right? Because if that's what you are going for than be aware that Canada has laws implace that generally make it harder for refugees to immigrate to Canada IF you are coming through countries that are closer to you AND will accept refugees. For example if you leave and fly to London first and then to Canada, Canada will give you a harder time (or maybe even reject you out-right), because you could have stayed there instead of flying further.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just making you aware of a possible hurdle! If you won't be applying for refugee-status ignore my comment :)

Thank you guys for your help,

I will defnetly look for the canada expat guide , I am not applying for a refugee status but thanks for the comment. Hope that we would figure out if this is the right choice for us.

Best