Ebola scare?.. First time visitor to Tanzania - Dar Es Salaam

I know you must have heard of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.. So I was wondering,  what are the people saying or feeling about it in Dar? Have there been canceled flights or a decrease in first time visitors?

Seauap wrote:

I know you must have heard of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.. So I was wondering,  what are the people saying or feeling about it in Dar? Have there been canceled flights or a decrease in first time visitors?

There is no ebola outbrake in Tanzania. There is a dengue fever outbrake though, so be aware of mosquitoe bites.

Hey,
There is Ebola disease in Tanzania? No and Has never occur within an history in your coming to Tanzania in case of health care look make sure you have a vaccination of Malaria from mosquitos, that is what dangerous than anything around. other diseases are rear to get!
have a nice travel.

The World Health Organization - WHO has confirmed 525 cases of Ebloa in Sierra Leone, 427 in Guinea and 249 in Liberia, which while greater in number than in previous years is far from being an "epidemic". The chances of an asymptomatic infected person being allowed to board an aircraft are relatively small so the spread of the disease to other countries is unlikely, however the news media loves to sensationalize any story in order to sell their product. I think you've got relatively nothing to worry about in going to Tanzania, you're far from any of the infected countries.

CNN story on Ebola outbreak

Thanks for your reply wjwoodward