Looking for Volunteer help in Building a Retreat in Dominica

We am in the planning stage of building a small retreat on the island of Dominica. And is looking for some Volunteer help, will supply Accommodation and Meals. We are hoping to start summer 2014 and expect to build in stages, We need all the help we can get. Hoping to find some help. Thanks in advance.

Hi Carib2u,

Your topic has been moved on the Dominica forum.

Why don't you post an advert in the jobs in Dominica section - Social > volunteering.?

Thanks,
Christine

Hello there, my name is Brett......friends call me Belove  :)
I am a lifetime humanitarian, natural healer, organic food and medicine gardener chef hippie man that has been walking this amazing earth for 45 years now here in the us.
I was an expat since awareness and am done calling this particular geography and the systems that encompass it home.
I have randomly and quite recently become aware of the paradise you now call home yourself......Dominica.
I wonder if there is is any way you would be willing to help me in any way with my journey in relocating to this island paradise?
I am a man of meager financial means but with vision, inspiration, energy, knowledge, experience, willingness and inherent ability to adapt.  I simply seek a location where i can grow and teach to others sustainable, permacultural living in unison with nature. Preferably in a community outreach, non-profit atmosphere.
If you or anyone you know there in Dominica is interested in helping guide me to landing where i intend to call home for the rest of my days......living, laughing loving life with others who have chosen at very least freedom of spirit and self.
I hope your day is fantastical and that life in Dominica for you is living up to its unlimited potential.....
Peace and Love
Namaste

Brett Barkley  (Belove)

Hi Brett, Thanks For your reply, I am from the island of Dominica, and now Live in the US in the state of TN.
Presently I am in the planning stages of building a Eco Retreat on the island. I have a. 4 acre lot that I planning to build the Retreat on and also have another lot with a small house( in need of repairs) which I can use for accommodate for Volounteers. Are you looking to Volounteer or interested In relocating to Dominica long term. What is your time frame. Thanks  fifi

Hi there!
Just found your ad this morning and am really quite interested. the time frame is great  - plenty of time to get ready and take care of business here. I am in California now. I see you are in TN. It would be wonderful if this turns out to be one of those meant to be things wouldn't it? Let's talk further!

Hi faith01230, Thanks For your reply. I will keep you updated with our plans as they get underway. We are going to need lots of prayers so keep us in yours. Thanks F

You and the plans are in my prayers. Do you think we communicate through email/telephone or plan a visit here in the states to meet one another?

Hi Thanks my email is [email protected]

Hi , I  am planning to live in Da  on the near future, but would like to go volunteer... Keep  me updated...

I am looking both to volunteer and also to relocate permanently to the island.  I have many various skills and gifts that will be appropriate to your project.  Please feel free to contact me directly so we can explore all the many possibilities of collaboration.....

Brett Barkley  (Belove)
541-743-1806
[email protected]

Peace

Hello. Sakafet? Yes, I would love to know more about the advancement of this project and also its location.

Hi thanks for your contact. We are located in the village of Marigot we are still awaiting for some final plans and is hoping to begin work in another year. Will keep you posted as plans get underway Thanks for your interest Carib2u

To those of you living my dream in Dominica,
I'm planning on making a second trip to the island, scouting is more like it, looking to explore the place and the way of life. Traveled a lot but haven't found any place I'd like to settle but a dear friend and lovely human being convinced me her island was worth a closer look.
If any of you are willing to share your experiences as an expat I'd love to hear from you.

Ok, thank you for the information. Will this project be located in Marigot or elsewhere on the island? I hope that it is okay to be asking more specific or detailed questions. You may also respond via my e-mail: [email protected]

Thank you and God Bless.

Hi do you still need volunteers, I know it has been a year, if yes please let me know I can be reached at [email protected]

Regards,
Joyce Mesmain

Yes joy we are still looking for help, but we are in the planning stage and is hoping to get underway shortly, Where are you located now are you in DA

Great to hear from you so soon, I am in Soufriere, I'm actually from Dominica. what happens next?