Need a guide

My husband and I are planning a trip to Panama late this September and need help with looking around the area so we can decide where we might want to end up living. We have 13 months before making the move and we are totally in the dark. If any expats out there living on the Pacific side or Gulf of Panama know of who we can get in touch with that could drive/show us around, we'd be willing to pay for their gas plus money for their time.
We're interested in renting a home on/near the beach. We have a limited income ( social security retirement) and I've read that LasTablas is an inexpensive location where there are many expats as well as the popular Coronado area.. I'm sure you seasoned expats know of many other great little gems that we'd love to visit and learn about.
Thank you for your time and I hope to one day meet many of you and form lasting friendships in our soon to be new home :-)

Hi Bwadetx,

Welcome on board :)

I invite you to please check out those articles which might help a bit:

- Accommodation in Panama
- Accommodation in Panama City

Also I suggest you to post an advert in the Properties for rent in Panama section and you will get to compare the prices available and maybe to browse through the discussions on Find an accommodation in Panama and participate by posting your questions if you do have any and get in touch with the members :)

Best of luck with everything !

Thank you

Maximilien

:) Thank you for the suggestions! I'll be sure to look them over.

Hello,
I live in Panama for 2 years, at your disposal for information!
I'm Belgian and speaks French and Spanish ... but I have a little English!
A very soon

Thank you so much - I'll be sure to get in touch with you at some point of our move  :)

I arrive from a cruise ship from Vancouver to Panama the 11 of October. I leave in Panama for more than 2 years and know this place very well and would be more than happy to show you around Panama City you and your husband.

It is definitively better to rent before buy to know the place you want to leave in.

Great. I wish you all the best!  :)

I am a local, living in the country area of Panama and half time in the city or in Miami, Florida.
I work as an immigration attorney too in the country and my family has an real estate business.
If you plan on stopping by the country area, where the mountains are, Boquete and Volcan, let me know and I will be happy to meet you guys for a coffe and and show you around or talk about all the options to obtain your residency.
Answering your question, there is beach in the country area of Chiriquí as well, however some are not yet populated others are, but is worth it to check.
Panama city is expensive to live and rent will be around 1000 up in a decent place.
Feel free to contact me for any legal, or local questions,
P.

Hi there. Finally I am there. I got married to my long time Panama Girl friend last week in Cayman island  :)  and would like to start my application for residency in Panama  :) . I would like to get in touch with you to talk about this process.

If it could be started right away, event in I am in Canada now until the 11 of October when I come back to Panama From a Cruise ship.

How Much time it take? what are the cost?

Thank you very much

I appreciate your kind reply and shared knowledge of the area. I will be sure to keep your contact information handy - you just may be hearing back from us in the coming months!

great.

have a good day

We live in David. We may not be around during the time you will be visiting, but let me know if you are in this area and maybe we can catch up with each other. The beach areas here are really beautiful but quite remote, so you might be happier on the Azeuro Peninsula. That sounds like a good place to start!

Thanks for your reply - my husband has expressed an interest in learning more about David - being close to the coast yet also mountains. Could you give me some information on what the town is like and living conditions, etc? I'd appreciate anything you may offer. I'm thinking that we may make David one of our overnight stops late this September.
Sincerely,
Bernice Wade

It's a working town, not a whole lot to see but everything you need is here - shopping, health care, etc. We love the people, very friendly and welcoming. There is housing from very basic to very upscale. I'm not sure what else to tell you... I have a blog you could poke around http://blog.thepanamaadventure.com/  Chiriqui Provence is gorgeous, so if you are based in David you have easy access to many great areas from beaches to mountains.