Expat bikers in eastern province !

Hello Everyone

i am just checking if there are any bikers in this site who live in and around dammam,khobar,jubail etc

we have a small group of expat bikers ( india, philipines, lebnon and syria ) and was thinking to meet other riders and expand the gang

if there is anyone then hit me up

or if you are a motorcycle enthusiast also you can contact me :)

cheers
Amit

Hi Amit,

I am an enthusiast and I want to do this while i am still in Saudi.

How difficult is it to get a motorbikes license? How much would a used bike 500-750 CC cost?

br,

Hi Ali

honestly speaking it was a pain to get the bike licence. it took me almost a week to finish all procedures. but if you have somebody in the inside or any contacts then you can easily get it done. but i got it the hard way. initially you have to go to the driving school ( i went to dammam dallah so i only know the procedure there ) .go with few passport size photographs and ask for the form for new licence. the police in the counter will stick you photo on he form and punch a seal across it. then you have to get the form filled by the " form filling guys" who you can easily find walking around the school ( i cant speak or write arabic ), make sure you tick mark motorcycle in the form and not car
After filling the form you have to get your eye tested at the clinic nearby and get that result written on the form. it will cost around 35 riyals
after that come back to the same cop and give the form and he will stamp another seal . that time also you have to specify to him that you are applying for motorcycle licence because the stamp for motorcycle and car are different
then you have to come next day morning around 5 or 6 and give the computer test. its a bit tricky so you have to practice and study the leaflet with all signs and stuff. the computer test is same for both bike and car licence so if u already have a car licence you know what am talking about.
After you pass the computer test go for driving test. if you bring a bike with yourself to test then its okie. other wise you can hire the school's bike for 100 riyals. the test is basically riding the bike between poles in a zig zag mannar and later making the number 8 clockwise and counterclock wise
once you pass ,make the payment using sadad for an amount of 200 riyals for new motorcycle licence

now is the tough part, you need to get your finger print scan done for motorcycle.this is a hectic and irritating procedure because it depends on the mood of the guy who is taking the finger print. the sent me back 4 times and asked me to get my kafeel or mandoop. finally i went for the 5th time and it was a different cop and he was in a chill mood and go it done for me.

but if you can speak in arabic and tell them its for your personal use and blah blah then things will be much easier

after the finger print,the report will come in 7 days. collect the report and go to the counter with other first form and get the licence. !!! yeyyy,,,licence is valid for 10 yrs

now about the bike, here moslty eveyrone preffer suzuki when it comes to liter bikes.its a tend because it has good resale and also many local workshops repair suzukis. and because a lot of wrekless riders ride suzuki, the cops always catch them.

i have always loved kawasaki and yamaha. the dealer for kawasaki is my friend so i got a 2012 used one for around 30k riyals. suzuki 600 or 750 are hard to find cos most of them buy 1000. and the price rages from 40-55 k for a used 2009 and 2010 models

you can check on expatriates.com or dubizlee.com for bikes

Thanks for the detailed information. Much appreciated.

What kind of bikes do you guys ride in general?

Mostly Suzuki and kawasaki

Hi there....I`m looking for bikers here in Jeddah as it happens. Just thought I`d mention how fantastic the mountain roads are over this side of KSA....If you guys ever plan a trip to ride them give me a shout.

Ride safe guys!!
Mike

Sure mike..

hi
is there any Bick for sell ?

I am in eastern province of Saudi Arabia and i am interesting to but a motorbike

[Moderated: Do not share any contact number on the forum]

thanks

Hello ali.dmm,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Kindly note that this discussion is not active since October 2014.

If you are looking for a bike to buy, I would suggest you to post an ad on the page Motorbikes for sale in Dammam.

Thank you
Yuveshen