Are U African American born/bred Now Living in Kenya & Over 30?

Hello, I am a exceedingly vibrant African American female with no children who was born and raised in San Francisco, California.

It's time I stopped living the 'safe life' and push myself beyond any imagined boundary to chase my dreams of riding the remainder of my life like a beam of light.

I have been invited by a Kenyan born & bred girlfriend to seriously entertain the possibility of relocating to Kenya to see what treasures await me.

TODAY I have only two real impediments to this proposition: 1) It's so far from my immediate family; and 2) I do not speak Swahili or Kikuyu so the culture shock makes me reluctant.

I am dieing to hear from grown-folks in my age group, 40+ (smile) of the same background as my own, African America from closet knit family, about their experiences living in Kenya?

Can I do this?  What should I expect and what should I forget about?  Will I find the culture difference too hard to adapt to?  Will I find American food or must I learn to change my diet entirely?  What are your experiences living there?  Love to hear from you.

Thank You

P.S.  I've got about 8 months to get myself together, amass finances and take a dip or cowardly tuck my tail and relocate from California to Texas.

Signed, READY for DRASTIC Change ... or so I think (smile).

hello.

Haha..having lived in America and knowing what you are about to embark... cant help but laugh my African ass off. The truth is you gotta have the spirit of adventure and keep an open mind. I would suggest coming for 3 months to test it out before deciding. If you have a good career that you think can flourish here, then head on....please update us.

about the language...u will have no problem as english is our official language and you will learn swahili later on....would also advice you to come for 3 months so that you can test the waters