Cost of living in munich germany

Hi All,

I am from India and expected to move to Germany in Oct Month along with my wife. I am a subject Matter Expert with 7+ years of experience in payment domain.

I have been offered a salary of 60000 P.A. + 15000 for House Rent
The office address seems to be :-  Kardinal-Faulhaber-Strasse

Please can anyone tell me what would be the cost for health insurance for 2 of us,
how much would it cost for Renting an apartment for 2 of us
what are other daily expenses

Hi Manish,

hope you are doing well.
As far as compensation is concerned,it looks really good.

I think the accomdation is most difficult and expensive part of Munich Stay.Rest of the things are pretty good.

You can reach me on [email protected] if you need more information.

Thanks.

Thanks Vishal.

I am in negotiation stage with the company and hence, I want to know the health insurance costs for 2 of us and also whether rent allowance given by company is good enough to afford 1 bhk furnished flat near   Kardinal-Faulhaber-Strasse

Compulsory public health insurance costs approx. 17-18% of your pre-tax income, up to a maximum of 4050/month. If you're employed, your company pays slightly less than half of this. Your wife is covered free of charge as long as she does not have own income.
Munich is the costliest German city in terms of rent (and much else). Obviously what you will pay depends on what you want (and what you find - there's also a housing shortage!). Consult online property portals or google "München Mietspiegel" (an official rental statistics, published in German language) to get an idea. My feeling is that your allowance would be enough for a reasonable place.
For other daily expenses, consult numbeo.com

Hello manish_ba  :cheers:

So as to know the cost of living and daily expenses kindly follow this link :

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … ity=Munich

You could check out our section Flats for rent in Munich so as to know the market price for apartment rentals.

Regards
Kenjee

Thank you beppi and kenjee  for your valuable comments. Much Appreciated.