50cc Motorbike Rental

Planning a possible 3-month stay in Nha Trang starting in Jan 2015.  Can I find a 50cc motorbike to rent in Nha Trang, and if so, would I need a license to drive it?  And, about how much would I expect to pay for such a motorbike rental per month?

No licence BUT buy insurance (at gas stations).

Also ask renter for photocopy of ownership (AND his telephone number).

Thank you.

Hi, the insurance is about $4 for the year.  Bao viet is one company that does it.  Bike hire is usually about 3 to $4 a day. Maybe over 3 months you could get it closer to $2 a day.  You could probably buy a Cub 50 for a few hundred dollars anyway and sell it before you leave.  As  far as licenses go, I've never had one and many expats here haven't got them either.  It's a pain in the arse getting one as well. Cost about $120.   We got pulled over by police recently , since the lead rider was speeding,  just don't speak.  Play dumb , say No speak English. they just waved us on.   It's rare for them to pull over foreigners here in Nha Trang.  If the guy upfront wasn't speeding , no problem.  They only two foreigner I know that have been pulled over were speeding.  If you ride carefully, don't run red lights you'll be fine.

Good-to-know info. Thanks much.

(Moderated: please post in the Classifieds > Vehicules classifieds in Nha Trang section)

When you come Viet Nam. You can call me 0938 528 681. I'm Quy. I have 50cc Motobike. My email [email protected]. You should call me before you come Viet Nam. Thanks