Badminton in cairo?

Does anyone know where we can play badminton in Cairo/giza area? we also need the rackets and stuff. Thanks!

Wadi Degla CLub

Hi, I went to a sports centre to play badminton in Nasr city once, but I think that's a long way away from you. Let me know if you need a partner - I used to play in the UK but i'm out of practice now :(
Elaine

Thanks Elaine! It is a bit far, but will def. keep it in mind, n thanks for the offer! :)

where can i play badminton here in egypt? please give me contact number...thanks a lot. :-)

Any news on Badminton courts in Cairo ? I am interested in a game if anyone fancies one, or alternatively any info on Badminton Courts in Cairo would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also looking for a place and someone to play badminton with. I played in Japan but have been unable to find courts or people who play the sport!

Really? badminton? Isn't it only a tipical english sport? It isn't?

Anyone wanna play badminton in nasr city? I know someplace here.

I would love to play! Is the court open and available without a coach/team requirement?

Any gent or lady can give an address for indoor badminton match in Cario? Price?

We want. May I know the address?

I am also looking for a court to play badminton in Cairo or Ismailia city

Is there any badminton court near Nasser Military Academy, in Cairo?

hi guys, Is there anyone know any badminton court or play badminton in Maadi Hotel area? I'd like to join you.

Are you still in Cairo?I am looking for some partners to play badminton in Maadi. Hope to join your team.

Im willing to Join too.pls.if u know a place in maadi.i want to inquire.i love to play bádminton .

During last two days, my sporting passion drived to run several sporting club to inquiry if any place can play badminton in Maadi. However, the feedback news shocked me and bring me down from heaven to hell. I haven't found any badminton court. Even for the entrance, Either they need the membership with high cost fee or the special social identity.  Now I found the sports in Egypt does not open to common people. And the badminton is even an extravagant hopes. Maybe I have to find another activity to replace that to spent my spare time.

philipwang302 wrote:

During last two days, my sporting passion drived to run several sporting club to inquiry if any place can play badminton in Maadi. However, the feedback news shocked me and bring me down from heaven to hell. I haven't found any badminton court. Even for the entrance, Either they need the membership with high cost fee or the special social identity.  Now I found the sports in Egypt does not open to common people. And the badminton is even an extravagant hopes. Maybe I have to find another activity to replace that to spent my spare time.

go for a run and make round to ur building, egyptians didnt hear about this word, poor country. they even dont know about its meaning.it's useless to start on this topic...in general egyptians receive the meaning of a "sport club" as a meeting point for eating....lots of food.

Hi everyone, I guess we should not give up on badminton, I have just read your entries and it is not promising,  but if we keep digging we will find something..

I am moving to Maadi/ Cairo mid October and I will be happy if you could share with me your search results, could you find any place to play badminton? and if you need a partner just let me know. I am not the best player, but I have been practicing for almost 7 years now.

Yes I am interested.

I am new to the country, so I don't know any courts. If you knew one let me know.

Send to me your contacts on ++++

thanks

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

i know only one court but poor condition in naser city

thanks for your reply. Could you provide me with more information about it.
Where is it? what is the price tag?? etc....

appreciating your help

Hi

To all badminton players, I love my game and would travel to Cairo from Hurghada to play probably once a month with any one of good medium standard. I would not mind moving to Cairo permenantly just to play badminton.

I left UK (where I play badminton twice a week - just for fitness) hoping that I may be able to organise a badminton court in Hurghada. I am still looking for a hall for hire or rent.

Hi could you provide us with the address???

It seems that there is one in Nast city but no one publish the address and indeed we are looking for mates.....

Appreciating your reply

I checked with wadi degla and they don't have any courts for it.

I also checked the Ahly and Zamelk clubs both also don't have it

Any suggestions

Hi,
I will let you know the address once I have found a hall to play in Hurghada.
Few years back I went to teach in an English medium school in Karachi, Pakistan. I had same problem, a city big as Karachi had no badminton except for elite people club and fees were very high.
As I get to know the area I found YMCA club in karachi which had a very good facilities for badminton and showers of course too. The reason I tell you this, so that you or anyone else interested can contact YMCA club if there is one in Cairo, they might have a club near to where you live.
Good luck!
I would love to move to Egypt for good, if there were any facilities for normal sports rather than just water sports.

There is a lot of YMCAs in Cairo, but I doubt that they got a court there. I will check and will let everybody know

I am new in Cairo too. Looking forward to play badminton!
Where is  YMCA club in Cairo which have court?

Someone living in Cairo please ring few YMCAs and find out if there are any badminton courts to play badminton regularly - please be kind to let people know. More the merrier.

Hopefully, I will join all of you in September 2016.

Antkissant, the condition of the court might be bad but we will all play good badminton to make up for the poor court condition in Nasr city. Please be kind to send us the address on this forum - Thank You. I will organise it in September for all interested players.

I used play badminton in a club in abudu bashaa neer to nasr city belong university of ain sharms  in cairo , 60 egyption pound for one hour ,but that place is not good, the name is ain sharms engineering college stadium,and i have friend will take me to another better badminton indoor court this weekend ,after that i will write the adress

If you guys find place to play badminton I want join.

Hi,

Anyone has started to play badminton in Cairo?

It will be great if I could join.

Please leave a message for us.

Thanks a lot!

Hi licang6688,
Would you write us the address you mentioned?
Thanks.......
I am really eager to play badminton in Cairo!!!!

Do they have a court? If so, which branch? Do they allow non members?

Hi Elaine,
Can you tell me where exactly?
Also, do you still play?

Can you tell me where exactly?

I recommend cycling. Look up my cycling group. GBI Egypt Team

Any luck?