I NEED A TRADE REGISTER,WHERE AND HOW CAN I GET IT?

I need to get a trade register for my activities but don't know where and how to do it without being traped by all these "fake" people in town proposing their services.
help me with reliable information please.
Regards

hello greetings to you my name is wisdom rodick blasu I am a business man  and  from Ghana. I am a genuine man and I can help you to get your business registration at registrar general  . this is my email address [email protected] . I was also been help before the time I was in uk. my number is 0245-887104.thank and hope to hear from you if you are really serious .

Hello all,

I recommend not to post a private telephone number as this is a public forum.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Hello wisgamel,
Thank you for help
where is located this registrar general? and how much will I pay if there is 1 citizen involved in the business?
is the process long?

The Registrar General's office is opposite the Ghana News Agency in Accra Central an area popularly called Tema Station. It is also in the same area as the Ministry of Roads and Highways.

Registering business in Ghana is really easy. Just walk into the Registrar General's Office and explain the type of business you are looking to establish. Collect the relevant forms, fill them and resubmit to the same office with the appropriate fees and that's it. You don't need to do anything else, except you will be given a date to come for your business registration certificate.

You don't need anyone's help to do this and don't contact this fella called Wisgamel above who is offering to help. Don't trust him. If he were that good as he claims he would have just advise you of these easy steps to acquire the registration certificate.

Good Luck

uriitay wrote:

The Registrar General's office is opposite the Ghana News Agency in Accra Central an area popularly called Tema Station. It is also in the same area as the Ministry of Roads and Highways.

Registering business in Ghana is really easy. Just walk into the Registrar General's Office and explain the type of business you are looking to establish. Collect the relevant forms, fill them and resubmit to the same office with the appropriate fees and that's it. You don't need to do anything else, except you will be given a date to come for your business registration certificate.

You don't need anyone's help to do this and don't contact this fella called Wisgamel above who is offering to help. Don't trust him. If he were that good as he claims he would have just advise you of these easy steps to acquire the registration certificate.

Good Luck

Thanks a lot Uriitay,
can you tell me the cost ? and is it true that I have to get involve at list 1 citizen in the board of directors if not I wil pay a lot of money?

Hallo, if I am visiting Ghana as a tourist can I apply for a trade registration ?

Saeedmdali
Dhaka

The fees would depend on the type of business you are looking to establish e.g. whether is a limited liability company etc. You can access the Registrar General's Department using this web address.      http://www.rgd.gov.gh

At the website, look on the right hand side, you will see a link  ''RGD Announces new fees''. Click on this link and it would take you to the fees. Look under the title ''Registration of Business'' and you'll see the fees there. For a limited liability company, the fee is GHc175.00 which includes fees for the necessary forms. In addition to this fee, please be aware that you will be required to pay 0.5 % stamp duty on stated capital, before the company is registered.

Once you've seen the fees, go back to the home page of the website, and click on ''forms'' on top of the page. This would take you to the various forms you require, depending on your type of business. Since there are so many forms, to avoid any confusion, it would be better to walk into the Registrar General's office, tell them the type of business you wish to establish; and they would give you the appropriate forms. Alternatively, if you are hesitant about going to the office, this is their number Tel: +233 302 665421 Ext 2324, you can speak to them first and have all your questions answered before going to pick up the forms.

On the second part of your question, i.e. whether you need to include a Ghanaian on your board of directors. I don't think this is an essential requirement, but again this depends of the type of business e.g. limited liability company, partnership company, company limited by guarantee etc. It would be worthwhile asking when you speak to them.

From the date you submit the completed forms the company should be registered within 5 working days.

If you decide to go to the office personal, please note the following.

1. Make not of all the questions you have.
2. Walk straight to the office and ask for the Client Services Unit or Customer Service Unit. Do not speak to anyone hanging around the yard offering to help.
3. Only speak to those at the help desk or persons sitting behind a counter or by desk.
4. Tell the customer service person you wish to sit down with someone to discuss the setting up of company. If you given the person ask all your relevant questions and collect all the relevant forms.
5. It must be worth taking this persons name and telephone number, just in case you need some clarification during filling of the form.
6. As is the practice in Ghana, if you are impressed by the persons service and you wish to give a tip, please ensure you dn't give anything more than Ghc 5.00.
7. Bring the forms home, complete and return to the office. You may wish to look for this person again to help you through the submission process and ask when to come back for the certificate of incorporation and certificate to commence business. This should not be more than 5 working days.
8. As Ghanaians can be a bit disappointing whenever it comes to honouring schedules, just before you travel through the heavy traffic back to the office in Accra Central, you may wish to check with the person whose phone number you've got first to see if your certificate is ready.

I apologise if you find this too long winded, but I'm eager to help you through this simple process than to see you fall prey to the scammers offering to help. Therefore, if you have any further questions or require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

i registered my trade company,paid 200 cedis,am a ghanaian,yours will be different i think

thanks Ayas,
did you go trough the same process mentioned by Uriitay?

no i did not go through that process,in ghana is whom you know,you cannot run away from that,if you know someone there,is easy to get it in a few weeks without much hussle,if you go through normal process takes too long for you to get it as you are not a ghanaian,are you in the country?

Thanks,
I do not know any boby at ""registrar general"", do you?
actualy I'm not in town can I contact you once I'm back please?
if you don't mind I will inbox you

you are welcome

thank you, so see you soon