Any expat club in Vung Tau?

Hi,

I moved to Vung Tau last week and gonna spend at least 6 months here. Is there any expat club where expats get together for some drink and talk about experiences of living in Vung Tau?

Thanks,
Mia

Dear Mia,

I wonder If you can drink or not. But I see There're lots of Foreigners at Nguyen Du Street, Tran Phu St, Ha Long St. I hope you can find some expats there.

By the way, If you need to find a good place to live in 6 months, Bluecoast apartment at 90 Xo Viet Nghe Tinh St is a considerable place ( I work there ;- )

Hope that you will get used to lifestyle in Vung Tau, slow & peaceful ...  :)

Hi Zanchun,

Thanks for your recommendation. I aldy found a place to live. It s Binh An residence in Phan Chu Trinh st. Sorry, I wasn't clear enough about clubs for expats. What I meant was day time clubs with some activities like mountain climbing, sharing experience about living in Vung Tau, swimming, fishing, jogging, jet ski...
Please tell me if you know some club like that. Thanks!

There is a Hash House Harriers that meet every Sunday Afternoon to go on a run/walk. Good group. 2:00 at Offshore one bar.
A group meets every Wednesday morning at 8:30 am at Matildas to go on a motorbike ride in the local area. Welcome to both.

There should be expat club for Russian at least, check out Halong, Thuy Van street

hi Mia,
i am Thomas DInh, living in vungtau, if we can be friend together

yes go to Tommys bar say Hi to Glen

@ Gary: Thanks. I might go to Maltidas tmr at 8:30.
@Doan Quoc Viet: Thanks. I found some Russian club. Beach club (Opposite Emperial hotel) and Anchor bar (In Vung Tau night market).
@Dang Dinh: Sure, let's arrange more friends to join us and catch up.
@Trishajb: Is Tommys bar near Le Qui Don st right? Do you still have live music there?

MiaTNB wrote:

Hi,

I moved to Vung Tau last week and gonna spend at least 6 months here. Is there any expat club where expats get together for some drink and talk about experiences of living in Vung Tau?

Thanks,
Mia

You're so sweet Mia TNB.
A Vietnamese chatting on an Expat forum and asking members where to meet Expats for drinks.

Almost an online romance,hey.

We are at Matildas ready to roll. ProbBly leave 9:30

Thommys 3        yes they have a great band Saturday nights

@Jimbread: Sir, I don't have any dating intention! LOL!!! Not at all as I'm married and moved to VT together with my hubby. He works from 6 to 6, so Id like to join some expat clubs to spend my time. As my hubby s foreigner, experiences from expats (good restaurants, pubs, shops,...) could be useful for my hubby.
@Gary: Nice pub. Good promotion on beer list. My hubby s gonna like it, too.
@Trishajb: That s great. We shall go there this Saturday. Thanks for the info!

[Moderated :  :offtopic: please place your advert in our section Language classes in Vung Tau ]

Hi there! I'm local Vietnamese who has worked in Ba Ria recently (my house is in HCM C). I and my mate search and collect the stuffs relate to Australia Army during Vietnam war. We are here to locate, preserve and display any ANZAC history that we can find. Besides, we offer free English classes to local as well as helping orphanages, local people in somehow.

I moved here 2 weeks ago and I have a lot of free time in late afternoon/ evening. Is there anyone also free around that time and wanna meet for coffee, drink, dinner .....or explore the area together, please hit me up :-)

P/S: people say that I'm friendly and nice ;-))). My mate is an Aussie 50s guy and he always has dinner and sleep supper early, hic. It is sometimes boring for me to spend the evening alone.

Cheers,
Tracy

any other good places to go out to after hours?