Practical advice on living in Bahrain with no job or husband!

Hello, first post so please be kind  :)

My partner and I are looking at possibly moving to the Middle East. He will be living in Saudi during the week (Riayadh so not commutable) and we're exploring the option of me being based in Bahrain and him flying out at weekends and holidays. We won't be married.

Can someone please help me with the following:
Is it possible to get housing without a job? Paying 3m (or 6m) in advance wouldn't be an issue. I won't be working and partner's contract will be for Saudi. Would be easisest if it could be in my name so i can sort out when he is at work?

Similar questions re bank account. Can this be done? If not, what problems would that cause (I can withdraw cash so not concerned about that). Do I need a bank account for housing (seems logical)? If we go for fully furnished accomm then it seems all services are provided so that would just leave a car and phone to sort out and it seems I could get a pre-paid contract if necessary?
I've looked at HSBC but they don't seem to operate in Bahrain.

I'm sure there must be a way to operate as a 'kept woman'  ;) - I can't be the only person in this situation?

Many thanks.

Hi. Your fella will get a paper cpr for Bahrain once he gets his Saudi Iqama. He might be able to get a HSBC bank account here once he opens a SAAB one in Saudi. HSBC are big here. You will not be allowed an account.  You will have to be here on a visit visa and fly out every 6 months.  A villa can be rented on your passport only. You normally have to pay 3 months rent in advance.  Don't pay more as some landlords are not good. My husband only comes home at weekends,  it's common here.

You will be fine on all points you questioned

Thanks so much for your advice, at least I know it's going to be doable!

I may (hopefullyY be back with more questions but need to curb my impatience till he's been out to Saudi. Trouble is we need to now the logistics are workable or there is no point - but then I start to get all excited which is not good!

Now, if someone could arrange to turn the heat down about 15 degrees in a month's time when he comes out to visit please........

Ha ha. Nottingham to Bahrain is going to be a shock but you will love it here. A lot of wives spend the week alone while husband/partner is away. He is best doing a preview tour of Bahrain and not Saudi as neither of you will be living there. All will be fine :-)

We are in Sri Lanka on vacation right now and 29* is heaven

yes i Can help you , where r you from originally and I can communicate with you and your partner about any question

are you in negombo or dim-bola safari  in Sri lanka in my honey moon month , I spent me and my wife  17 days in sri lanka before 3 yrs , was it sheap like before ????( we flight from Colombo back to Bahrain through Gulf Air with 1000 USD for both of us with tour plan with 3000 USD ( all the trip with shopping was costing us around 4000 USD ), it is green place but it is a little bet boring . :par: