New members of the Poland forum, introduce yourself here

I am a married man with child, moved into poland for 1 month now ,I am trying to make friends here. the boredom is killing me :D i am from Africa, Nigeria anyone living around can send me a message.i presently live in krakow, i am an easy going mate and have a very good humor.

Helo guys,

I moved to wroclaw few days back and its a wonderful place here. I am looking forward to meet new expats , new friends and extend my social life. I am also interested in learning polish in ezchange of english. Pls feel free to contact me on this blog and hope we wud hav gud timrs roll. I would love to know ppl here and get along

Kunal

We are moving to Krakow in about a year. My wife is polish but I could use some tips on what you have discovered about the city? Care to chat about it? Thanks Dave

Dave you are welcome, i live in krakow too with my wife and kid, really don't know much now as i am still new.  I would say its a beautiful city, but meeting new people here and making friends might a little difficult, i guess it takes time to fully integrate :)

delete

Hi!
Moving to Poland in a few weeks... Would like to find people to hang out with :)

Hello all,

Welcome to Expat.com KariLarsen26 :)

Could you give a short introduction of yourself (where you will be living, what you will be doing, your hobbies etc.) in order for the other members to get to know you better?

Cheers,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

I'm from South Africa and I will be moving to Warsaw in 5 weeks. I have been in Turkey for the past year, teaching English, and will continue to teach English in Poland.
My hobbies include travel and as of late, adventure sports.
I have family friends in Poland, but looking to meet new people to hang out with :)

My life in Poland.
I was born in Poland but then went. I have come back in Krakow since this year. I came by plane (in Balice airport).
I again meets the area of Krakow. I think Krakow is the most beautiful city in southern Poland. I saw the Wawel and Old Town. I have a small room with a view of the castle. People there are very kind and helpful, you can speak English with almost every people (my Polish language is not good, yet ;)
For example I met some girl who showed me a special place: Zakrzówek, there is a lake and if you want you can swim there. The water is very deep you can jump if you like it ;) I have never been before in this a magical place.
I had also been in Auschwitz. Is the most terrible place if I ever seen before. (If you want read something about this Museum you can visit: Krakowdirect).
I agree with every one who chose Krakow and moved there, Poland is good place to live especially the southern Poland.
If you are new in Krakow, just like me, You can write me a massage and maybe We can meet in future.

Henry ;)

Hope my brief find you well .This Mustafa Al-Gindy  27 years old  live in Cairo, Egypt. I graduated in the faculty  of Management information system, Modern Academy 2007.I joined  at Schlumberger  in 2008 till  2009 as Data Service Delivery Coordinator then get promoted as Filed Operation Assistant Manager from 2010 till 2012 then resign  for shift career path. Jun-2012 join at Raya International Service till present  as SAP Associate Material Management Functional Consultant
For Raya company  its SAP partner in MEA working on IT Business solutions& Consulting in ERP APPLICATION Oracle &SAP working Middle east market & north Africa.
Here the attached CV you can check it. In addition to my hands-on operations logistics experience, I did wide range of activities in the field of material management (supply chain, procurement and Operations logistics)
Kindly note I am studying Germany language, good speaking  and Ill be in Warsaw then Berlin next 11-Aug-2014 looking forward  to get interview opportunity.
Expected to be certified SAP at the end of July. 
Here my languages skills
Arabic Mother tongue
English: advanced (fluency)
German: Basic

Ill be in Warsaw from 11-Aug till 14-Aug .I am planning to applying for jobs, send my resume to catch up any opportunity, also it will pleasure to meet you in Warsaw I'll stay at Radisson Blu Sobieski Hotel,Warsaw. Its first time to be in Poland.

My Skype: mal-gindy

I'd like to get  in touch  with u :) specially i"ll be in Poland

:D

Hello Everyone!
I am new in here :)

I represent the company that is engaged in IT branch. We also have a lot of vacancies for Foreign language Speakers, especially for French / Swedish / Norwegian / Dutch / Danish / German.

If you are interested in working and living in Poland and you are not sure how to start your search for a good and well-paid job, based on employment contract, please let me know.

Have a nice day! :)

Hi,

Kindly note  Ill be in Warsaw next  11-Aug-2014 looking forward to make interview  in Warsaw. Stay @ Radisson Blu Sobieski
Id like to meet you there its first time to be in Poland.send me your email  to send  my resume.

Skype name:mal-gindy

Hi Dave,
I moved to Krakow 4 months ago and the city is really beautiful, everything is really near and the transport connections are really great. Polish people Krakow is a little bit hard they don't get in touch with everyone immediately and even if you are working with them, they probably won't hang out with you after work, but there are some exceptions I find a few during this months whom with I chat with but rare situations most of all.
The city has a lot of museums which is really awesome some are art museums, other are history, well culturally speaking Krakow is really rich. They have a pretty castle with a really big and nice garden to visit and in one of the rooms you can find a sculpture of a dragon that spits fire as the dragon is the symbol of Krakow.
You can ride you bicycle almost every where. If you like nature then you can go to the Kopiec.
One of their typical dishes are dumplings or pierogi.
Regarding jobs opportunities I'm trying to find a job since I get here but I couldn't find one yet.
Well I hope that this info helps you and if you have more specific questions then let me know and I'll try to answer them :D
Kind regards, Paula

Hi my name is Jelred,

I'm a new member of expatblog. I join in this site to seek information about the Au pairing program between Poland and the Philippines. I'm a Filipino and I want to know if Filipino au pair is common in Poland. I just received the authenticated letter of invitation from my host family,whi live in Warsaw. I'll be visiting the Polish consulate here to inquire about this. But based in some site I looked in the internet they said that Filipino au pairs are not common in Poland.

For someone who have knowledge about my inquiry please do
inform me.

Thank you

Native Brit - will be in Krakow 10th-12th October. Would love to meet with locals and expats a like whilst visiting. Mother polish, father English so my Polish is not bad but rusty :) but practise makes perfect. All the best, Marcelina x

Hey! This is Egemen from Turkey. I'll be in Warsaw in a month. And my girlfriend has gone there waiting me. She needs   friends around there. And she says she can't find any girls which is not from Poland. Is there anyone out there? :)

Hi! My name's Maria and I'm half Polish half Italian. I lived in Italy till now (I'm from Calabria, I studied in Milan and worked in Rome), but I love to travel and experience different way of livin and cultures, so I moved to Warsaw 1 month ago as it's the  city my mother come from and I'd like to study musicology in here. Warsaw is full of interesting events and parties and I'd love to meet other expats to hang out with! :)

Hi Paula, this is Raza from Pakistan. Would you mind if I ask you a few questions? I am intending to come to Poland for my Masters education and highly likely I ll be there next month. Just wanted to know about the expenses over there in Warsaw/Krakow.

How much does it require to live over there, to eat, to travel as a whole? I wouldn't mind sharing apartment with anyone. Would that be more cheaper?

And tell me about the part-time jobs also, are part-time jobs easily gettable there for non-Polish people or those who don't speak Polish?

And how much do they usually pay per hour? Just waiting for a detailed and most appropriate reply to this.

Thanks!
Raza,
Pakistan.

Hi!

My name is Andreas and in a few weeks I´ll be moving to Warsaw!

I´m from Sweden, although I´ve been studying and working in english for the last few years. I´m looking for some nice people to maybe go grab a cold "pivo" (only polish i know so far), someone to show me around town or just hang out over a cup of coffee and discuss life!

Both locals and expats of course, and if someone have some tips regarding activities going on or to do in Warsaw, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

/Andreas

Hi All, I am 31 year old female moving to Warsaw mid October. Purpose of my move is a work project. The period of my stay will be minimum 6 months to a maximum of 18 months.
My biggest concern is that I have no polish whatsoever. My position is quite senior in my company so I would like to start learning some basic conversational polish. Any tips for websites or apps greatly appreciated!
Also I will be looking to rent a fully serviced apartment in city centre so tips welcomed also!

Thanks All

Hey everyone!

I've been living between Poland and Canada for almost three years. I decided to study in Lodz so I will be doing this for another 2-4 years. If there's anyone in the area, I'd love to get to know you! :)

Hello,

i am Eitan... i arrived in Krakow 4 months ago. i ve been living in London (uk), Chiang Mai (Thailand), Tel Aviv (Israel) and i am originally french :)

Hi All -

I'm moving to Wroclaw in a few weeks... very excited about it... looking forward to meet people for hanging out and traveling as much as possible... feel free to reach out to me.

Cheers!
Leo

Dear sir/ Madam
Poland forum

I am very  pleasure by your well coming me to participate in this forum. saying this much about my appreciation. let me introduce  my self in the following way. my name is Yaregal Denekew Wondim and i hold my first  bachelor degree by the field of  Information technology  in Mekelle University, Ethiopia. i have working experience in teaching and management in TVET college since 2008 G.C . so that, if i have got a chance, i am very eager to involve in Poland forum. BEST WISH! Thank you!

Tjena,
I'm Polish and I like meeting new people. If are still looking for a company for drinking beer or coffee we can meet :)
Jag lar mig svenska :)

Take care,
Liliana.

Hello,

Nice to meet you all!

My name is Dagmara and I am a recruiter, looking for German/Swiss-German and Dutch speakers.

If you feel like getting information about my openings, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Thanks a lot!
Daga

[moderated: no free ads please]

Been in Krakow for 6ish months now but I'll be here for another 2 years. I have had some pretty funny experiences with Polish people in Krakow.  Let me know if you want to hang out and speak english or grab a drink somewhere.

Hey, I teach with a few Brits and I live in Krakow...Let me know if you want to hang out while you are here- I'm sure others will want to join as well.  Good luck!

Dear Friends,

My name is Harit and I work for Deutsche Bank here in India. I was in Warsaw for two weeks 20th Sep - 4th Oct, 2014 and now planning to move there permanently by end of Dec 2014. I am married and have a 5 yr old son. I have a few questions in mind before I finally make my decision around moving and settling in Warsaw. Would you be interested in a casual chat getting to know each other and we share our views and knowledge around living in Warsaw? My email ID is [email protected].

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Harit

Hello everyone,

I am Tim van Vlerken from the Netherlands. I will be moving to Krakow on the 20th of October. My work will commence the 27th of October. I studied in Krakow in 2012 for 5 months, and now I am going to work there for a minimum of 6 months.

Kind regards,

Tim van Vlerken.

Cześć! I'm moving to Katowice in a few months. Looking forward to meeting new friends and expats.

Hi All,

I'm moving to Krakow in a few weeks... very excited about it... looking forward to meet people especially Muslims/ Pakistani for hanging out and traveling as much as possible... feel free to reach out to me.

Regards,
Adnan Ahmad

Hi, I'm Sylvain.
I'm living in Warsaw since one year but one friend recommended me this website and I decided to give it a try ;)
That would be nice to meet new people and if anyone know about clubs of photography or volleyball you can contact me !
Cheers

Hi my name is Tim I live in the United States and I am trying to get in touch with some people in Poland to help me and my wife's business that just launched in Poland this month. It's a health and wellness company
And there is great potential with this company and I would love to tell you more about arbonne and how it's changed our life's
Thanks Tim

Hello everybody.

My name is David, I'm originally from Poland, but I've been living in the UK for what seems to be ages (since 2007). I consider London to be my home city now.
Currently I'm back in Warsaw for some time, maybe it's going to be few months, maybe longer. But since I don't know that many people here any more, I thought I will look for some Brits living here for meet ups and hanging out with.
Obviously, I'm fluent in Polish, so if you need some language help or just an outing, let me know.

Ta

Photographer here :) Specializing in studio photography (beauty, fashion, advertising) but totally happy with photo walks and photographing outdoors or street.

Hello everybody!
I'm moving to Warsaw in November to start a new job...
Please feel free to give me all the suggestions about the best places to visit, nicest bars and restaurants, the cultural life  and which is it the best way to find an accomodation in this beautiful city. Of course it would be great to know better about the Polish culture and traditions.
Sincerely
Efisio

I am currently living in Pakistan. Interested in moving to Poland within 6 months from now on a student visa. I have too many questions in my mind when coming to Poland. Please share any useful information for newly arrived student into Poland regarding living expenses and jobs for newly arrived student.

Closed