Recommended place to live in china?

Hey I'm moving to china in September to teach, I can't decide where to move, I was thinking shanghai because it's the capital, I'm Irish and it's my first time away from home so I know I'll be homesick, has anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks in advance :)

Hi Cathy ,

You can come to Shanghai, it's a nice place . There are many foreigners in Shanghai in teaching job so you can find many friends even in your school.
Good luck !

hey, if you are still looking for somewhere to live in shanghai, search "shanghai contact me" and you will be able to get advices.

Well, Shanghai is not the capital, acturaly Beijing is.

Shanghai would be a good choice for teaching, high salary,good condition and many foreigners, it's easy to live there. :)

I live in Pudong
Cheap room rate Zhoupu region

Do you speak Mandarin
I'm a Shanghai indigenous

My English is very bad
Kangqiao area of the room rate, perhaps very cheap

Hi There!

I'm from the US, been living in SH for 5 yrs. Shanghai is very livable- less traffic and not as spread out as Beijing. Most young professionals live in Puxi (vs. Pudong) Former french concession area, which has history, cafes, bars, western and chinese restaurants, convenient markets. Good place if you like to bicycle and like trees : )

It depends where you are teaching. Some of the international schools are on the outskirts of town, in more "family" areas. Far from nightlife.

Shanghai is a nice place to live and more and more foreigners come. around my home the foreigners on the street even more than the local people during the night  :D     if you need to know more about Shanghai feel free to contact my wechat "wjn068" . I am a local .