Getting married

What should one consider before getting married in order to ensure a good marriage relationship
in the best possible way?

Love (if you know for sure that this is the person to spend the rest of your life with and to be old with), respect but certain of all there must be a click on several levels.

Do you have doubts?

Primadonna wrote:

Love (if you know for sure that this is the person to spend the rest of your life with and to be old with), respect but certain of all there must be a click on several levels.

Do you have doubts?

How does one know it is love?

You feel it.

hi.... to give you a best answer.... firsrt, are u male or femal?

Love is important, to be sure, but I would also add having lots in common AND the desire to follow those common interests with each other. Plus similar ideas about the religion, if you are both muslim, helps. If you want to pray 5 times a day and he doesn't that's a potential problem. He'll respect your decision to do this, but you more as likely won't respect his. Or if you don't smoke or drink, on the basis of not participating in things that can harm you and others, but he does one or the other, on the basis the koran is a guide, not mandatory, then, just my opinion, but over time you could lose some respect for him.

Love is all well and good, but I'm not sure it's enough to ensure a strong and successful marriage.

One more thing, if planning to marry an Arab, plan to have sons, not daughters. They are great for their sons' self esteem but a disaster for their daughters' self esteem.

deb568 wrote:

One more thing, if planning to marry an Arab, plan to have sons, not daughters. They are great for their sons' self esteem but a disaster for their daughters' self esteem.

How does one plan to have sons, not daughters?  :whistle:
Biggest problem so far the interference of families even after marriage... if you happen to deal with   :dumbom:  they can be a pain in the  :offtopic:

JO/EU wrote:
deb568 wrote:

Biggest problem so far the interference of families even after marriage... if you happen to deal with   :dumbom:  they can be a pain in the  :offtopic:

I didn't find they interfere so much. They all have their opinions - their privilege. If I had had a nice home of my own when I lived there (sometimes we rented away from the main house but the conditions were terrible) I could have just lived my own life and probably I wouldn't have seen much of them. I don't think people who haven't been exposed to foreigners are ever likely to be really interested in them.

Having boys instead of girls - doesn't that depend on the mother's acisd/alkaline mix? So lots of sweet food if you want to have girls and salty food and the like for boys?

deb568 wrote:
JO/EU wrote:
deb568 wrote:

I didn't find they interfere so much. They all have their opinions - their privilege. If I had had a nice home of my own when I lived there (sometimes we rented away from the main house but the conditions were terrible) I could have just lived my own life and probably I wouldn't have seen much of them. I don't think people who haven't been exposed to foreigners are ever likely to be really interested in them.

Having boys instead of girls - doesn't that depend on the mother's acisd/alkaline mix? So lots of sweet food if you want to have girls and salty food and the like for boys?

in certain or even many cases the interference is extreme, unbearable. having own homes or even being in another part of the country doesn't really change anything since there are telephones that can be used on a daily base. the whole day procedure has to be told then. when  children are used to these kind of commands not because they like it or find it normal, then there is no privacy any longer regardless whether the daily info are of importance. this makes a relationship very tense when one hears daily that his wife is finding many excuses why she didn't call back right away, what has been done all day long etc..... It is a way of control reminding of slavery. One marries a person, not the whole family. There is a difference between being nosy and controlling. It is well known certain men refuse to marry women because of this fam. behaviour. we give out info we like and whenever we like, not when her/his family demand it especially when there are threats when not doing so. suppose she married in the first place to get away from all this, the husband will unwillingly be part of this. getting divorced means sending her back to misery... if you have a heart, you will not do so, if you dont do so you are sitting between two chairs, having relationship problems because of others, or ready to fight which makes one not any different. but we need to be different in order to teach others right from wrong. but what if they refuse to learn?

hi,
my advice for you if you female , first , take your time until both of you understand each other , and know each other, don't rush your self and get married so quick , most important step .

second , make sure to talk where you both of you going to live , work , plan for the future , if you are foreigner , and you use to live out side the country , its not easy to live and get use to live inside jordan .

3thrd step , make sure if you getting engage by doing all the marriage paper at the legal ministry and apply for all the requirement paper they ask to get approved to live in jordan .

and 4th Good luck and happy life after that .lol.