New to West Jakarta - looking for expats to play glof, hanging out etc

Hi all -
Just signed up to this blog. I'm a U.S. expat living in Taman Anggrek condominium in West Jakarta. I'm wondering if there are any other expats living in the area interested in socializing, playing golf, hanging out etc. I'm married to an Indonesian wife.

Plenty of expats in and around taman angrek. Wander over to Central Park and hang around the bars and you will meet a fair few expats. Or join the gym there and meet people socially.

lukereg wrote:

Wander over to Central Park and hang around the bars

Watch out for lumberjacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZa26_esLBE

Touche

Haha! Thanks for the tip!
The bars in Central Park are terrible - they are more like cafes that serve beer and not really set up for socializing like a pub I suppose...but which one do you recommend? I see you are a Brit - I was actually born in the U.K. before my family moved to the U.S. Anyway watching sports like premier league football with some like minded chaps would also be high on my agenda.
toodle pip

Hey there! We live in taman anggrek too - tower 7.

When I lived in Mediterranean apartments there were no bars as such around so those in Central Park were welcome. Get over to eastern promise in kemang or epicentrum in kuningan as there are lots of expats there and I am sure some will be into golf etc.
I live in the south of the city now and so with family in tow bars are a distant memory.

Luke is right, Eastern Promise in Kemang is a good place to go. Good crowed also one can watch any kind of sport on the various TV screens, on weekends they do have live bands performing.

I am sure most of them are into golf....lol

Hello,,,welcome to west jakarta. Check out, internations.org. Also I am a member of an expat golf society, they play  every weekend, is well run and membership is free. Drop me your email details and i will add your details to the Jakarta Dogs Database. my email is [email protected]. Kindest regards, Allan

Hi MaveeWavy...how long have you been in Tamman Anggrek? Where did you guys  move from? Hopefully we can meet up sometime..
Ash

Hi Allan - thanks for the reply. I'm actually signed up with Jakarta Dogs already but have only participated a few times as the golf courses are often too far...and I dont know the way!  I was hoping to hit a few balls at the Senayan golf course every week with someone who lives in the area and catch a few beers after. I moved here from South Florida where that kind of thing was ingrained into daily life...so I need to make adjustments. lol.