New members of the East Timor forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the East Timor forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the East Timor if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi everyone,

Currently, I am living and working in Dili, East Timor. Officially, I just started my assignment here starting from the 1st of July this year. I am working for one UN agency based here in Dili. I am originally from Jakarta, Indonesia. Prior to coming to East Timor, I was posted in two other countries like Pakistan and Ethiopia.

I don't know how many of you have joined the forum out there. But, I just would like to get to know you.

Hi every one,

I recently came to Dili and joined a financial services company as CFO, I belong from Pakistan and before coming to Timor leste I worked around 5 Years in Kabul, Afgahnsitan.

looking forward to know about people  here in Dili.

Cheers

Hi Sibghat444,

It is good to know to see another newcomer to East Timor posted his introduction here.

At least I get to know one new member of the East Timor forum.

I hope the others can also post their introductions or comments (for the older members.)

So, we can revive this forum and exchange information and ideas about the city.

Hello Everyone,
My name is Keith, from China.
I am doing International business.
Hope to develop East Timor market.
If anyone can help, welcome to contact with me.
My Skype ID: ***
E-mail: ***

Kind regards,
Keith

TSKY wrote:

Hello Everyone,
My name is Keith, from China.
I am doing International business.
Hope to develop East Timor market.
If anyone can help, welcome to contact with me.
My Skype ID: ***
E-mail: ***

Kind regards,
Keith

Welcome to the forum

For security reasons please do not out personable contact details on an open forum as it makes you open to spammers.

What sort of business are you looking at ?

Thanks for you kind reminding.
I am dealing with machinery, chemical products.
Regards,
Keith

[moderated: no ads on the forum please]

Dear,
         Am shahid jamil malik from Pakistan.we interested to live in timor leste. please advise us and possible to discuss on Skype on line.
thanks

Hi,
I am kumar and would like to know mire about Dili

hi mr.kumar

dili is thecapital of easttimor,u may know that.being an latest formed democratic timor-leste,its a small city around 10kms.rest of the cities like bacau and lospalos are underdevoloped.in dili there are 4-5supermarkets,3 or4 indianhotels.local transport is totallyprivate called microlet.usd is currency used in timor.lots of natural resources are there including oil,but many countries in the name of peace force were looting all the resources,the country is very much corrupted in a short span.money is ultimate here,not only here,its UNIVERSAL .hope u know that.u have to learn tetum which is an local language, can easily thoughted.in case of your proffesion im not sure about the situation.u can try,but there a lot of expenses.

Thank you for the reply.

Hi Good day everyone!

Don't how to start this, I'm newbie here. Is there any Filipino here? Thanks :)

Dear
I will be in East Timor after a month as a field epidemiologist i polio eradication program.  I need some information about the country like the temperature, usually available food items, housing and so on.
Regards

I am Stephen,  an accomplished Accountant with expertise on performing Risk Management, Public Financial Management, Financial Analysis, Public Policy and Governance , Advisory and Forecasting, external, internal audits  and Value for money audits.

I am strong leader with management and relationship-building skills.

Expert at Regulatory Compliance, Financial, Risk Based auditing, Quality Auditing, and Fraud Investigations with ability to assimilate and analyze complex issues to develop strategies and policies.

I wish to move to East Timor  and I am available for hire.

Hi everyone.

My name is Linda, currently living in the Uk. Im looking at potentially moving to East Timor so any advice on what life is like for an ex pat moving there would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi LVL and welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you read other threads on the Timor section of the forum. A Google search will help regarding potential work.
For cost of living try www.numbeo.com

Hi Stumpy,
Thank you for your reply. Ive read the other posts, some are quite useful although perhaps a little out of date and didn't really come across anyone from the UK. My plan would be to set up a business in TL - I was looking for any advice on how foreigners are viewed by locals, especially as I'll be looking for staff. Its clearly a huge decision. I'll be travelling to TL in a view weeks, guess I'll get a feel for the place then, I have other options on places to set up, but I hoping it goes well in TL.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751307

Thanks!

Closed