Family code

hi everybody,i m geselle lomongo 29 yers of age and engage to a belgin guymto be honest i joined here to ask help about our problems with our papers for our marriage application in his citymHE IS FROM AALST,OUR CONCERNED IS THAT THE CITYHALL REQUIRED HIM A PHILIPPINE FAMILY CODE,YES IT IS BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE CONSUL WAS ON VACATION AND COMES BACK BY MY 2 SO IT WOULD TAKE A MONTH,AND NOW WE WERE MAKING OUR BEST FOR THE PAPERS AS WE STARTED TO WORK FOR IT SO THATS THE OPNLY THING WE NEED SO I HE COULD FINALLY APPLY IT FOR THIER CITY HALL THEN SEND IT TO ME FOR  FIANCEE VISA,SORRY TO DISTUIRB AND STEAL YOURS ATTENTION WITH WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN HEREMLOOKING FORWARD THAT SOMEONE COULD HELP US REGARDING THIS,DOES ANYONE HAD A SUMMARY OF THE PHILIPPINE FAMILY CODE THATS THE ONLY THING WE NEEDMAND WE CAN PAY FOR IT AND JUST WE NEED A PHOTOCOPY OF THIS FOR TRANSLATION,THANK YOU SO MUCH ND GOD BLESS US ALL,I ASK APOLOGY S IM NEW MEMBER AND BY MISTAKE I POST THIS ONE HERE,SORRY FOR ALL

Hello Ate Geselle! I will call you Ate if you do not mind because you are 4 years older than me. Anyway, I got curious with your post because I also have the same situation with yours. I have a Belgian boyfriend and he also lives in Aalst. What a coincidence, right? We are also on out first step of applying for the fiancee visa. I just wonder what you are looking for. The Philippine Family Code? What is the reason why they are looking for that? My boyfriend already went to the town hall where he gathered the needed papers posted in the Belgian embassy website. He is about to send those papers to me this week. He has not been asked for the Philippine Family Code. So, I am a bit confused with it. Well, I also joined here with the primary reason of gaining more information about fiancee visa from other's personal experience. Anyway, nice to meet you!  :)

Hi geselle,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new discussion was created as from your post on the Belgium forum for better visibility.

For better guidance, can you please be more specific about your post?

Thank you,

Hasnaa

P.S: It would be great if you could avoid posting with caps lock on the forum please so as to ease the reading.

Here is a link to the Philippine Family Code:

chanrobles.com/executiveorderno209.htm#.Uz6g-aLLIY4

Happy reading!

With regard to the Philippine Family Code, I would suggest taking the entire document in to the pertinent officials.  I would not take a "summary" as you described.

thank you cath;i wonder why;thats what i am waiting for too the papers from belgium of his marriage application there so i can  have the medical an application of fiance visa in manila.by the way if you dont mind can i  have ur number para magtanungan nalang tau san bf mo sa aalst at pwede ko rin bah makuha number bf mo give ko lang din sa bf ko para magtalk cla please,imlooking forward the information ypou give would help us.thats so confusing he was at the city hall of aalst for the application of paper but the city hall required him to go to philippine embassy in brussels to have that philippine code.but the consul was at vacation.yes you can have the philippine code even in google but its 14 pages and its so expensive to translate it there in belgium with dutc h and with tax,and we are really disappointed we are not the first belgian and filipino couple to get married in there so im sure the past also had why they still require this qnd i dont find its so fair to let everybody had it?though we know from the past fil belgian couple they already had it.the consul told us he had a summarry of it in two pages only but so sad to hear he will gets back next month so its so wasting of time and days we want it as soon as possible as a lot of things need to do.hope you understand our side.thank u can i have ur number and ur bf too please urs for me and ur fiance for my fiance

me and fiance who is a belgian citizen looking if anybody had a copy of philippine family code summary.those who married first this past few years,as the consul from the philippines embassy of brussels said he had the summarry for two pages but he is on vacation and goes back next month it so pity its wasting time.cause the whole family code is consist of 14 pages and it so expensive to translate all of this per words the charge plus taxes. thank you for yours time, hope youve got me now

kath u are frompalawan,nice to meet you and yeah what a coincidence,had you already process some of your documents in manila when are you going there for interview and medical.il be waiting for ur number and ur fiance number so my fiance can ask him about this/ thanks a lot

sir is this from the city hall of aalst? yes my fiance gop there at philippine embassy brussels but the consul was on vacation hope you understand my concern the phil. family code consist of 14 pages and the consul had its summarry but he will gets back on next month.its just a pity as soon as possible we dont want to waste time and we find out the translation of that 14 pages cost much with a taxes cause they charge it per word.thank you

I would be cautious of having it translated by just anybody.  Usually court systems require translations to be performed by certified court translators.  So, if you just have it translated by somebody who speaks both Filipino and Dutch, it might not be accepted if it was not translated by a certified court translator.  That's how it works in the US.

I'm confused.  The Family Code is in English, so what language are you supposed to have it translated into?

OH HI.THANK YOU FOR UR CONCERNS WELL YES ITS WRITTEN IN ENGLISH OFCOURSE WE ALREADY HAD THE PROCEDURES AND STEPS REGARDING WITH THIS MARRIAGE APPLICATION,WE ARE AWARE OF IT AND OFCOURSE HE WILL BRING IT TO THE COURT AND TO THE CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR AS WELL. I SAID OUR CONCERN IS A COPY OF SUMMARRY OF THE PHILIPPINE FAMILY CODE,THOSE WHO MARRY IN THE PAST FEW YEARS IN BELGIUM.AS WHEN MY FIANCE GO TO BRUSSELS THE CONSUL OF THE PHILIPPINE EMBASSY WAS AT VACATION AT WOULD BE BACK PROBABLY NEXT MONTH,WE JUST DONT WANT TO WASTE TIME AND WAIT FOR A MONTH AGAIN.HE ALREADY HAD THE WHOLE 14 PAGES OF THE PHILIPPINE FAMILY CODE BUT IT COST MUCH TO TRANSLATE IT WITH 14 PAGES AS THEY CHARGE IT PER WORD AND EXCLUDED THE TAX,SO THE CONSUL WROTE HIM THAT HE HAD MADE A SUMMARRY OF IT IN JUST TWO PAGES BUT HENCE HE WAS IN VACATION HE CAN GIVE IT WHEN HE GETS BACK.I HOPE U GOT WHAT I MEAN NOW WE ARE LOOKING FOR THAT TWO PAGES SUMMARRY OF THE PHILIPPINE FAMILY CODE.THANK YOU AND GODBLESS

OK, if I'm understanding this correctly, the Philippine Consul made a summary of the Family Code, and this summary was customized for your particular situation.  If that is the case, then no one in this forum would have access to that 2 page summary.

I DONT THINK SO, BECAUSE I AM SURE WE ARE NOT THE FIRST COUPLE TO GET MARRIED HOPEFULLY BY GODS WILL IN BELGIUM, AS BELGIAN MAN AND FILIPINA GIRL, SO IM JUST HOPING BY LUCK THAT SOMEONE WILL MESSAGE ME AND WILL SAY YES WE HAD IT BECAUSE THEY ALSO REQUIRED IT TO US,AS THEY IMPOSE THIS NOT JUST THIS MONTH,AND IM PRETTY SURE EVERY YEAR THERES MARRIAGE BETWEEN BELGIAN AND A FILIPINA, THANKS WITH UR TIME ANYWAY...GOD BLESS

Why don't you just take him the entire Family Code?  Just curious, but what question is the "summary" supposed to answer, anyway?

I already explained its cost much to translate the whole &' pages of the philippine family code the charge of the accredited translator is per word excluded the tax so if its only the summarry two pages it would not be cxharge as much as the &' pages, please read my reply

please read my post and reply very well I am pretty sure I had written my concern and which one im trying to ask for favor,Dont you find it....HMMMMPPPPPP

Calm down, I have been trying to help you, but quite honestly your posts are very difficult to understand.

I am stymied in my attempts to help you, in part because you don't answer the questions I have posed to you. 

Hire a lawyer and take him the Family Code, and let the lawyer deal with the bureaucrat.

are you sure it is the family code they need? could it be a copy of your or his legal capacity to marry? anyway, if it is a 2 page summary, having it translated would not be as expensive as you think, and it has to be done by a certified translator. i'm sure your fiance can find somebody easily. if there isn't one in aalst, try ghent.

these things cannot be speeded up, you will only upset yourself needlessly. take the informative route and you'll surely get there, or here.

thank you pameslacot for ur time and help i appreciate it a lot,the lawyer doesnt have the summarry of the philippine code cause he made it him alone so my favor is that maybe you have friend a belgian or belgian citizen who got married with a filipina i am sure they had this summarry of philippine code its easy to find the philippine code but its &' pages so im looking for the two pages summarry. YES I am so CAlm,hehehe.Again thank you and Godbless and Im so sorry if i made it hard for you on my post

thank you Milay,I appreciate it a lot,yes he is working in lochristi near ghent; no not a  marriage capacity of fiance niether me;cause he already applied it in the city hall of aalst,they give him the list he need before they will accept our application; so he go to brussels to philippine embassy that is located there but the consul was not there so he only had the 14 pages of the family code which he already brought to court first then translator but he find out &' pages cost too much with the tax so he write again the consul,then the consul said he had two pages summarry of this family code but he is still in vacation so were just trying and hoping in luck that we can find someone who had this summarry from a filipino and belgian couple who got married in belgium this year,lasy year and past year.maybe you had a friend   and maybe they had this,im hoping.THank you so much for ur help and time.GOdbless u Milay

I copied this information from somewhere else on this website.

According to this link:

http://www.diplomatie.be/manila/default … amp;mnu=28

These are the papers the Belgian fiance is supposed to put forward. I don't see anything about the Philippine Family Code. It just isn't a requirement!

1.       Original Affidavit of Support “called Bijlage 3bis / Verbintenis Tot Tenlasteneming / Prise en charge/Annexe 3Bis”, legalized by the sponsor's municipality in Belgium.
2.       Photocopy of the sponsor's resident or Belgian ID card.
3.       Family Composition of the sponsor called “Composition de Ménage / Samenstelling Van Het Gezin” to be obtained from the sponsor's municipality.
4.       Recent proof of income of the sponsor (must be within the last 3 months).
5.      Copy of the Marriage Declaration Act from Belgium (akte van aangifte van huwelijk / acte de déclaration de mariage) to be issued by a municipality in Belgium. The file will not be handle without this document.
6.   Proof of lodging of the partner in Belgium (registered lease contract or property title)
7. Proof of stable, regular incomes of the partner in Belgium

Let me give credit to Milay for the above post :)

Thank you pameslacot I already have all that papers my fiance took that one,those papers u mentioned im gonna used that during my lodging of papers at the belgium embassy manila My fiance provide all that papers and now its with me,but before i could lodge my papers to belgian embassy at manila and for interview i need the paper from my fiance that he applied for our marriage application; before the city of aalst accept the application for our marriage they require my fiance to have this philippine family code to the court first then translator nopt here in manila its there in the city hall of aalst belgium; i told u he had the 14 pages but its cost much so we are looking for the 2 pages summarry of it.Thank you

What a hassle.  Just come to the U.S.  You can get married in Alabama just by saying out loud "We are married."  That is considered a legal marriage.  There is a residency requirement of 30 days, however.

yes but we need to follow  steps and procedure its because the problem there the consul was at vacation.yes it so easy to go to alabama then again there are steps and procedures to follow for an filipina like me they are so strict from someone who came from asia i guess.europe,usa,japan,australia,canada are all almost the same in being how strict in terms of going there for asians.Thanks a lot for the effort and time and help I appreciate it a lot.Godbless YOU

I was kidding about coming to the U.S.  Of course I realize that would be an unnecessary burden.

Doesn't the consul have an assistant that could take care of matters like yours when the consul is on vacation?

thats why we are so dis appointed they must keep someone to replace him yes there was but he keep with him the summarry of the phil; code so sad about it. time is gold and not good to waste it. I know that your joking,hehehe lols

pamelascot wrote:

What a hassle.  Just come to the U.S.  You can get married in Alabama just by saying out loud "We are married."  That is considered a legal marriage.  There is a residency requirement of 30 days, however.

Yea, that's it, so easy if you find the right person but when the other party knows that you want a residency, it's always a matter of concern and its completely understandable if I was American and getting married to non American, it will be a concern, but the bad thing sometimes there is a real connection and love between the couple but doubting have it's place here.

Personal experience :)