Is that THAT hard to find an apartment in Algiers?

Hey guys,

My partners and I are currently setting up a company in Algiers ( Distribution Industry). I can say that now, I live between the UAE and Algeria, but by the end of this year, I ll be living in Algiers for good!

Therefore, I visited some apartments (for my own and not the company) in Algiers but landlords are not very confortable to let their product to single gent?!?!?! Is that common here? Well, I m looking for a 50m2 to 70m2 (that would by great with a balcony) in "les hauteurs" such as El Biar, Cheraga, Ben Aknoon, Hydra, etc  even Staoueli , with a garage in a very secured building.... But all I found is either extremely expensive apartments of 200m2 ( but I m single and I dont need 200m2 hehehehehe ) or small studios that need some renovations ( especially the kitchen and bathrooms ) ....

Well I still have time to find it out, but I wanted to start searching .....

What was your experience guys in finding your house in Algiers?

:)

Hi wawa84,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Algiers section please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

it is not hard if you are willing to pay <<  it is unluckily all about money <<  ,,the problem is you need to find a trusted person to help you finding a good place for you

Best Regards

Hi, welcome to Alger.Haydra and Elbiar is more expensive than other places.security is very important . People easıly broke the vent window and can steal anything,
Algerian people generally do not give Importance kitchen . Generally there are not kitchen cupboards like other countries. Even my some colleuges constructed after the rent of the house.as a result first option should be el biar hydra, second option is Cheraga, Dely Ibrahim ,
Note: frequently water is stopping. It is important to find an apartment with the water tank (every where in Algeria has same water problem, electric also has problem sometimes)

Hii my  dear friend how are u I hope u r fine there.my name is Siraj Pakistani working in UAE DUBAI as security officer .honestly speaking dear friend I want to b in Alger's why?? Because I love an Algerian girl we both are serious .to marry .and from.the last 2 months. Since then I want to work and stay in.Alger's with my wife as we marry. I really love her .and I tried to get information about  marriage documentation and rulls  regulations of Alger's country for immigrants.please my friend can  u help me to provide me  information for living standard and availabilities of accommodation also I am security supervisor. With UAE driving license. Qualification bachlore political sciences. With east experience of UAE.I hope if u feel my true feelings twords marry to my girl friend I will be very thank full to you.for better friendship and communication its my watsapp number  [Moderated: no personal phone number on the public forum please].Take care my friend

With regards.Siraj from UAE DUBAI