Married with foreign

Hi, i was new here, having a big question... going to ask how a foreign can married with a malaysian? and how can a foreign can get a citizen at malaysia?

Welcome to Expat-blog, Larain Teoh 

Your discussion has been redirected to the Malaysia forum for effective networking. I hope you will get some responses soon.

Regards

thz a lot... i hope to get answer soon... i going to ask my foreign husband to prepare

The reality is, if u r goin to get married in Malaysia, ur future foreign husband will facing a bit problem to get a citizenship. In other words, local wife + foreign husband = problem/difficult & local husband + foreign wife = easy citizenship..hope it might help u

sean007 wrote:

The reality is, if u r goin to get married in Malaysia, ur future foreign husband will facing a bit problem to get a citizenship. In other words, local wife + foreign husband = problem/difficult & local husband + foreign wife = easy citizenship..hope it might help u

Are you saying, if the man is from malaysia but the woman is from another country and they marry it will be easy to get a citizenship than if the woman was from malaysia and the man was from another country? JW

that is correct

Wow that sucks, wonder why they want the local men to marry outsiders? JW

I hear abt "Malaysia 2nd Home" program, that is government program, maybe if the foreigner join that program, so it could be easily to get citizenship

Not to say the Govt encouraging the marriage (local husband+foreign wife), but that is exception for the foreign wife rather than foreign husband. most countries practice the same rule not only in Malaysia buddy.

That is a reality here in malaysia bro..tell u whut, the iranians, africans are trafficking drugs into malysia, in fact, while i am writing now, there are maybe 1 tonne of drugs has been safely smuggled into my luvly country..

i do know some of them offering scam jobs to expats

well.. if forigen want marrige with malaysia the best is follow the prosedure..if muslim u need refer to the islam religion department if non muslim just refer with the register department what is the rule. after that can appl for spouse VISA.but this visa u cant work.but they can give u as long u been marrige. cost not much also around 1500 ~ 2000 RM ( as deposit ) and u must renew every 6 month with cost 90 RM.If ur husband or wife come from good country like UK ,US australia NZ or europe country why need apply for Malaysia citizenship. coz Malaysia only allowed with 1 citizenship only not two.Ask the person who know about this matter and it will Malaysia immigration or Malaysia Registration Departmen

There are 2 types of marriage in Malaysia: Civil and Muslim. Civil marriage is for the non-Muslims and Muslim marriage is for the Muslims. dThe procedures to get married in Malaysia are quite simple: Wedding Procedures in Malaysia

Once married, one can apply for a "Long Term Social Visit Pass" which at first last for 6 months. At the end of these 6 months, it can easily be renewed for up to 5 years as long as one is married to a Malaysian.

Malaysia does not deliver citizenship. It does so exceptionally, and it usually is a political tool. If you're lucky, after many years in the country and countless attempts to obtain one, you may be granted a PR. But that is a long shot.

nice day and thanks for last comment, but i saw in imigration web site after 2 years marriage you can demand citizen ship and there r some point for accept like bahasa malayu and  have nice great diploma and lots things and nice manners ,i was in malaysia in 2001 but it was dificult for malaysian girl to married with  foreigner because last time they didt help the foreigner husband but the wife there hurt so much so after that the kids when he born he can take citize and ater there r some point  good , if u are muslim is nice for succes if u have so much money   but i think after women protest there there is some solution for foreingner husband like visit pass 5 years after he can take citizen nad i hope malaysian write and comment ,best wish my friend the best if u dont find nice answer just visit imigration and they will tell u thank u best wish for all

sean007 wrote:

Not to say the Govt encouraging the marriage (local husband+foreign wife), but that is exception for the foreign wife rather than foreign husband. most countries practice the same rule not only in Malaysia buddy.

Actually I don't think that's true.

I've lived in many countries...doesn't matter the gender of the foreign spouse, the legalities and the processes are exactly the same.

I had never heard that about about Malaysia, and I've lived here more than 5 years (two separate times).

Expatypus has laid out the two routes of marriage in the country quite well.  That's the way it is.

double standards

how i can get a textile garments job in malaysia? I have 7 years work experience textile garments in bangladesh. Pls anybody suggest about it.

[Moderated: Not a matrimonial website]

Pakistanis and bangeledeshis can't marry malaysians - well was true years ago it may have been lifted now- ban was due to many marrying a Malay gal then going home and marrying cousins back home and abandoning Malay wife and kids. I was told that on the marriage course by a senior immam like a lot of Malaysian rules it was never written down. What happens is you find lots of delays and then no approval for marriage....

Btw for misterstretch the malayisan system and other countries do prefer local man plus foreign spouse as the man is superior and the leader of a family! However getting citizenship either way is almost impossible.

Hi Expatypus :-)

what abt 2  muslim forigners who wants to marry each other here in kl.where we should go for registration/information and ceremonie?

(we are students here for the last 3 years)

Thanks 4 ur help:-)

Joon31 wrote:

what abt 2  muslim forigners who wants to marry each other here in kl.where we should go for registration/information and ceremonie?

Yes you can and easier as already resident. You have a choice:

- Islamic wedding
- Civil wedding (just don't say you are Muslim) that you can google and get the correct local office who will supply a check list. Colleagues have done this.

I presume for family you prefer the former. Go to local Islamic Affairs  office (PERKIM in KL or JAIS in Selangor) and ask for the procedure. Each area also has a head "marriage" Immam who needs to approve all marriages. My local one told me had just married two Iranians - they weren't even Sunni but he was liberal (was an Immam after a career and had a foreign convert wife and had travelled - if you get a NO that is incorrect. Find someone else who says YES. That is the Malaysian way.)

As the woman best your father or head of family flies over otherwise you need permission from him to marry. If you can't do that a court can order the marriage here upon advice of an Immam.

I think you will both need to attend the Islamic marriage course - some are in English in Bangsar but not many. DO go as they will help with paperwork. Well worth the money even if you don't have to.

Good luck with the marriage!

hi Nemodot:-)

Thank u so much for ur information

I was also wondering about that I need the attendance of my father, but he is not in Malaysia and my country is very far and he cannot fly over here, so is it possible to have a certified written permission?

I know that in islam a women after a certain age doesnt need the permission of her father for marriage.do they concider this rule here?
And what is the Islamic marriage course in Bangsar? can you plz send me the adress,just to go there and have some information.

My future husband is Iranian and Im Algerian so is it a problem? because u talked about sunni and shiia.To be honest we are not into these kind of things.

Thank you again

Cheers

you want a garment job. what is your experience?

Hi, I want to know what is the requirements or procedures if a foreigner married Malaysian in Malaysia?

Thanks.

Joon31 wrote:

I married my Indonesian wife in Malaysia.
No problems at all.

Hello -> Just to note that some off topic posts have been moved.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Correct bro. I agree with you sean....

iranian ,he is a chiaa ,

I have 1 pakistan client who take insurance from me and married with Malaysian teacher.

Not a big deal. He's going to get Permanent Resident IC soon :)

YOU NEED TO GET REGISTER AND GET THE SPOUSE VISA. ONCE YOU GET THE 5 YEARS VISAS YOU CAN APPLI FOR PR. USUALLY TO GET A MALAYSIAN CITIZEN YOU NEED TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 5 YEARS THEN YOU CAN PROCEED WITH THE APPLICATIONS. iT IS NOT EASY TO GET A CITIZENSHIP UNLESS YOU ARE A MUSLIM.

Hi  johnny_yeoh1268,

Please can you avoid posting in cap lock, this make your text hard to read. Thank you! :)

Thank you,

David.

Expat-blog team.

I am Muslim and want to marry Malaysian girl. How much time do I have to wait to get Malaysian Citizenship?

its funny u said that. I went to a wedding a week before Ramadan. The groom was Pakistani and the bride was Malay......lol...........what a lovely couple ...............lol......

About 3 years for PR. Changing Nationality - perhaps never.

Salim
Ze hum de Pekhawar na yem.
I think we will be also a lovely couple b'coz I am also Pakistani.

Will you need a dowry or some money to offer to your Malaysian fiancees family?

Is that rule?
Gravitas.

any body know what are rules exactly about married in Malaysia

http://www.lawyerment.com/library/kb/Fa … e/1023.htm

1. People on foreign worker passes are not permitted to marry Malaysians while holding that status.
2. There are still some restrictions about when some nationalities can begin working in Malaysia after marriage.
3. There is no right to permanent residency for a foreigner just because they are married to a Malaysian (appications assessed on a case by case basis).
4. Malaysian citizenship is not given on the basis of the marriage.

R u a.man.or a.woman?