Moving to Brisbane in dec 2013

Would like to know what suburb to stay in and where is some good schools. Have a little girl of 5 years and a boy of 7 years.
My mom is also moving with us as well as my daughter of 19. So we would at least need a house with 4/5 bedrooms. Any suggestions? Real estate agents?

Hi alet6007,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to check out this article: Accommodation in Brisbane.

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

why are you moving to Brisbane? Where are you living at moment?
I heard about Russel Island, house is cheap, 40  min from Brisbane, and beautiful  place....
How about your hub?

Why not Google search for what your want. Russell Island is not that great, so Google it as well.

Moving to Brisbane because hubby got a job there. Living in South Africa at the moment. Thanks for info

Rents are expensive for the size house you want.
You should perhaps look at where your husband is to be working and start searching that location for houses schools etc.

Hi
I'm an agent in Brisbane and cover all areas.
Where is your husband going to be working?  His work location will be the key to the areas that will best suit to ensure it is transport friendly for you.
Will you daughter be wanting to work or studying as that is another factor.
Feel free to email me direct at [link moderated] if you don't want all your details on the forum.
Cheers
Lynda

@ Lynda ->If these details could help the other members,you could share it with us on the forum. Thanks. Karen :)

Hi
Happy to share information if writer wishes to. Not a problem.
Lynda

True Stumpy, Russell Islad you might end up with transport problem in & out. How about Redcliffe area, close train, beaches, great place to live. Only 20mins to Brisbane

Hi again
Brisbane is a big place and transport can be an issue so to help will need to know what suburb your husband is working in or if it is in Brisbane central.
I may have a home coming up in Carindale which is a very nice area with good schools, both private and public.  Transport is also good in the area.  Has 4 bedrooms and two living areas so may suit.

To FZInAL ... Redcliffe is 30 minutes to Brisbane on a good run, no train until 2015 but does have a good bus service into the city. Lived there for close to 20 years so know it well. It is a great place to live but transport is still an issue.

Hi, I am not sure if your issue is resolved by now. But thought of replying. I moved to Brisbane 8yrs back. I chose 2 areas before moving to Brisbane based on searchers. My primary concerns were good schools for my 3 children (4, 6, 9) and good public transport. My wife did not work at the time. I wanted to send my kids to public schools and decided to rent close to Ironside state school (primary school). I think I made the correct decision by sending my kids to Ironside as school has very good academic record as well as it is next to University of queensland. University of queensland is a large university and most academics working there send their children to Ironside state school. This gives strong academically focused environment for kids. The school is over 800 students with has more than 40 nationalities providing a great mix for my kids. You need to live in the school catchment are to send your kids to this school. Everything is good except the rent for a house/ town house with 3 bed. At the rime we were paying $325/week but now the same property could be $500 per week. The other very good schools on the Western side of Brisbane are Indooroopilly primary (my second choice) and Kenmore state school. I decided to travel to my work place and let my wife to walk to school with kids. It helped us in many ways such as managing with one car. I am very happy I made the decision to send my kids to Ironside. There are very good public schools in other areas. My experience is based on our decisions. Currently my wife and myself work in the education field. We moved far from st. Lucia 3 yrs back but there is a bus route 444 which is very good. You get a bus every 15 minutes and the service is from 5:30am until mid night. Hope this will help somebody. C

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)