How is Dai Tu district? Is it safe to stay and travel there?

Hi,

does anyone know how is Dai Tu district near Hanoi? Is it safe to stay there with family? or will it be too costly if I stay in Hanoi and travel by taxi daily which will be around 160 km to & fro daily? How much will it cost? will it be safe?

Regards,

Hi,

I aint no expert in Vietnam with regards to traveling, looking at the distance you will be commuting by taxi, you may wish to compare the cost of traveling versus living closer to your work place? 

May be others can advise you what the taxi fare will cost and from that you can decide..

best of luck. :)

Hi jritoo,

Do you mean "Đại Từ" (Dai Tu) ? There's no such a district in Hanoi. If it's just a street of Hoàng Mai district as I know, so it's not too far from the center of Hanoi (about 30-45 mins to get in Hoan Kiem lake by motobike).

Btw, I don't think 160km far from work is a good choice with a transportation circumstance in Vietnam.

Hi Hoaibui,

Thanks! ya, Dai Tu is in Thai Nguyen province. Any idea about it?

Hello Jritoo,

My hometown is near Thai Nguyen, but i never lived or studied there before but i heard that  Thai Nguyen is not a safe place for a stranger, specialty is a foreigner family.  You should find a home in Hanoi is the best way for your family. No need to take taxi to work  if you do that you will have to pay very much for travelling, i think you can take a county car, it's much cheaper, from Hanoi to Dai tu, Thai Nguyen has a lot of cars in My Dinh Bus Station, it's available from early morning to late evening everyday.

Hi Thuyduong,

Thanks for the info! I will consider that.

Regards,
Ritesh

Hello Jritoo,

My hometown is near Thai Nguyen, but i never lived or studied there before but i heard that  Thai Nguyen is not a safe place for a stranger, specialty is a foreigner family.  You should find a home in Hanoi is the best way for your family. No need to take taxi to work  if you do that you will have to pay very much for travelling, i think you can take a county car, it's much cheaper, from Hanoi to Dai tu, Thai Nguyen has a lot of cars in My Dinh Bus Station, it's available from early morning to late evening everyday.

Hi Thuy,

Do you mind share a little bit more about Thai Nguyen? What do you mean by 'not safe for foreigner'? I might be traveling up to Thai Nguyen at the end of the year.

Thanks

Noah

Hi jritoo,

I think take bus is not good way, it will take alot of time.
If your company pay for transportation think you should rent a car for daily. around usd65/ day. from 6am - 5 pm
If you want to know more, feel free to ask me

Ah, i assume you work for my previous project :)

Are you going to work in Thai Nguyen?
It's not good to travel 150-160 km to office in Vietnam. It will take a very long time due to the traffic and road status. You should choose a place nearer. So that you will have more time to take rest and enjoy with your family.

i dont think that is good idea for u to stay in Hanoi and do job in Dai Tu but in some points its ok for u such as u can get   Indian foods in Hanoi and some more fun for you. But it is better for staying the place where u work, u can bring masala for cooking form Hanoi and wheat powder for making chapati as well.