Desperate need of a job

hi all
I am in desperate need of a job, so I can stay here in Jakarta to be with my Indonesian wife and baby. If I do not get a job soon I will have to go back home. If I go back home I will never get to see them again. please if anybody can help, I can do most anything. thank you

Since when you are living in Jakarta already and how long you are married??

If you are legally married your wife can sponsor you. What kind of visa you now have??

Finding a job is a different issue, you must have special skills what locals may not have as otherwise chances to get a work permit are close to zero.

First is immediate cash.
You can do that without too much fear of anyone caring by visiting schools on a very informal basis.
I did a lot of that in the past, so I can tell you what you'll need to do.
That won't produce much, but it should do about Rp500,000/day.
A couple of days per week and you'll have enough for basics. Word of a visiting native speaker, if you're any good, gets round like wildfire, so you won't be short of work.
If you're on a KITAS/P, and it's purely informal, it's very unlikely anyone will bother you.

However, making cash isn't a lot of good if you spend loads of it.
Keep everything to a minimum, including the rent. That may well mean moving to one of the villages; do what it takes.

If you minimise your costs, you should be able to manage on a few million per month.

What is your usual line of work ?

Hey there, George. I think your bio is impressive. I mean 23+ years of exp is something, right? But since our job market here is quite competitive nowadays (many locals with global edu background & job exp too), I do understand your struggle. I am sure you'll find the job eventually  :top: (yes, I'm an optimist)
Meanwhile, check out this site --> glassdoor.com/Job/jakarta-job-opportunities-SRCH_IL.0,7_IC2709872_IP5.htm
Good luck!

George,

Just a couple of observations.

Why do you write,

"If I go back home I will never get to see them again."

I've known a number of expats over the years who, unable to get employment here in Indonesia, go back home and work for some time earning what they need, and then returning to Indonesia.

I've also known a number of expats that have taken their wife and kids back to their home country.

And, Ive also known (and still know) a lot of Indonesians who take jobs in foreign countries for a while in order to support their families here in Indonesia. 

So why the drama..."if I go back home, I will never get to see them again?"

Also, if you were serious with your initial post, don't you think some responses from you to the replies already given are in order?

Ahhhh.....thats the original post I talked about yesterday.

He got responses here but did not reply back instead posting the same again yesterday in a new thread.

Amigo, I missed that "other new thread."

Which one? 

And, cheers to you!

Roy, just scroll down the threads, it's between "fred went wandering and who is next president"

Ahh, OK!  A bit foggy I am today Tom!   :D

Yes, a bit of redundancy to be sure.

Funny thing is, when I married my Balinese wife many years ago, she made it very clear before we said "I do" that there was NO way she was going to move away from Bali.  Little did I understand then what a God send that was!

Since those years I've run into several Indonesian women of the same mindset...and I think it's understandable, particularly when considering the all important role that family has on Indonesians.

But of course this reality still does not explain the why of his comment:

"If I go back home I will never get to see them again."

Why not?  Isn't that the question begged?

What disturbing me is that he post the same just few weeks back and many of us gave ideas but nothing back from him at all.

Then posting the same thing again expecting people have some job offers or coming back with more input.

Just wonder sometimes what people have in mind here.

I do not argue about family issues etc but his statement....."I will never got to see them again" is for me weird and sounds that something is wrong with his marriage.

Sounds like another one post wonder to me. They post once and we wonder why we bother to help.

lukereg wrote:

Sounds like another one post wonder to me. They post once and we wonder why we bother to help.

Exactly  :lol:

(Moderated: please post your offer in the jobs section)