Expat Family moving to Bangalore

Hi everybody!

My family and I are about to embark and a great adventure to Bangalore.  My husband has been temporarily assigned to Bangalore for approximately 6 months to a year.  We were just informed that we will be moving there, so things are going to start getting crazy with all the steps that need to be accomplished.

We have 4 children and I need to start working on what schools I can get them into.  I have a 7th, 9th, 10th & 11th grader.  Any ideas, tips or suggestions on what schools I should look into?  My husband will be working in the Embassy Heights area of town.  What's close, what's within reasonable distance?

Also, after a school has been established we need to find housing.  What are some good neighborhoods to look in?  Are there neighborhoods that are generally for Expats?

I am so new at this, I feel completely out of my element.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Kim

Hello Kim,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I moved your message to the Bangalore forum for a better visibility and interaction with other members.

I suggest to check our directory > Education > International schools for your school search and post an ad in the housing in Bangalore section for your accommodation search.

When are you moving to Bangalore?

All the best,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

okey Kim
I think that you have an idea of ​​the exact spot where you go and live your husband will work.
if you can give me the exact place of work I see how you help with the school I do not know but yes colleges.
Your well to write on this blog and I know that many will hold your hand and go
I life in Bangalore, Kalyan Nagar, 560043
when you come in Bangalore?

hey man ,
me and my friend live in RPC Layout which is like 1 KM from you and we are new to town why don't you catch up with me and hangout together ?

Hi
I am Asima Kumar.I am th eowner of furnished flats in bangalore if youare looking for accomadation pl contact me on 9900513215 or mail me on [email protected]

Hello asimakumar

I invite you to place your housing adverts in our classifieds section Housing in Bangalore for better visibility.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

have you moved ??

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section section