Dear my beautiful admin expat blog Christine

I apologize for any inconvenience my status about "winning Jokowi/JK" as president and vice president in Indonesia. Because previously, I don't know the rules on Expat.com like this status if it shouldn't be publised. I have no intention whatever to write this status. My writing is merely an expression of happiness on my election candidates nominated. Thanks :)

Regards,
Mia

:top:.....and that should be more than OK

thamia wrote:

I apologize for any inconvenience my status about "winning Jokowi/JK" as president and vice president in Indonesia. Because previously, I don't know the rules on Expat.com like this status if it shouldn't be publised. I have no intention whatever to write this status. My writing is merely an expression of happiness on my election candidates nominated. Thanks :)

Regards,
Mia

In Indonesia, you have "tidak apa apa.
In Yorkshire, ït'll b'reyt".

Thank you my dear friends happyhour and mas fred :)

I tried to download a tidak app once.

Haileyin :
Tidak apa-apa is not app so you can't download.
But "tidak apa-apa" is indonesia language and english means is "no problem/it is ok"

I am disappointed there is no tidak-apa-apa  app.    :sosad:

Mia, you shouldn't have to apologize, because the simple fact is that national politics are just as important to expats as they are to nationals.

It does not please me one bit that in-depth and frank discussions on these issues seems to go against forum policy in some manner, as IMHO, that only means that the forum venue is not serious about its intention to provide a place for useful and salient information for expatriates.

A little less moderation would go a long way here, IMHO.

Pak Ubudian :
I know you understand because you live in Indonesia, know about culture and indonesian people habit

Ubudian wrote:

Mia, you shouldn't have to apologize, because the simple fact is that national politics are just as important to expats as they are to nationals.

It does not please me one bit that in-depth and frank discussions on these issues seems to go against forum policy in some manner, as IMHO, that only means that the forum venue is not serious about its intention to provide a place for useful and salient information for expatriates.

A little less moderation would go a long way here, IMHO.

I would tend to agree, but with a note.
In some cases, a political topic, even when we state an opinion, can be very helpful and cause no ill feeling.
The moment ill feeling creeps in, it has to go.

Posters, in my opinion, shouldn't display political messages in their profile or anywhere else, even when I agree with them - as I clearly do in this case.

To Roy's note about political topics and expats.
Absolutely 100% agree.
The situation in Indonesia at the moment demands we are up to date on the latest moves - to the point it could even save lives if things went pear shaped.
We have mad extremists, hunting for cash and power, making it very clear they want a witch hunt against foreigners and communists.

Topics covering these issues are very useful, maybe even important to our safety.

Hopefully, it's all bluster and BS, but greedy people commonly try desperate things - and we need to know what the silly sods are up to.

I've read more about Indonesia's election on this site than I'll ever see in CNN, which is funny when you consider that it isn't about finding a maid or getting a visa.

stumpy wrote:

I am disappointed there is no tidak-apa-apa  app.    :sosad:

There will be.  Sooner or later.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I've read more about Indonesia's election on this site than I'll ever see in CNN, which is funny when you consider that it isn't about finding a maid or getting a visa.

That's the idea, we all contribute, all keeping each other informed of the situation.
If it turns bad, we all know faster.

That's too reasonable.  You should be banned.

Thanks Mia for sharing your thoughts with us. I am considering them with a lot of attention.

If you don't mind, we prefer concentrating all messages about the election on one single thread "Presidential election". We are not really keen on politics / religion on EB but we strongly believe this one is very important for everyone.

So please let's concentrate on that thread, and please help us to keep it on topic.

Gosh, I hate doing that, but I suggest we close this thread and concentrate on the other one. Would that be a problem for you, Mia ?

Julien :
Thanks Pak Julien for you reply my post.
I agree with your answer :)

Mia

Julien wrote:

Gosh, I hate doing that, but I suggest we close this thread and concentrate on the other one. Would that be a problem for you, Mia ?

Julien just might be the most polite moderator in the history of the internet.

Hi Mia,

As you agreed closing this thread and to continue to post in the presidential election thread here > https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=385270, please consider that this thread is now closed. :)

Thank you for your feedback

Priscilla

Closed