Qualified jobs in Kuala Lumpur?

Dear all,

We are a couple - me Spanish, he is Dutch - and we would like to move away from Europe to Asia. We are exploring different possibilities and Kuala Lumpur is amongst them.

We have over 10 yrs experience working in finance and marketing, and highly qualified, we speak fluently English, Spanish and Dutch as well. We both work in very well known multinationals. Unfortunately we do not have the possibility to move with them for the time being.

It is my understanding that there might be a possibility for us to eventually find a job in Kuala Lumpur since finance and marketing jobs are still not restricted by the government.

We also know there are different options such as create a new company in KL.

We would like to have your view and advice on how to make the move and how realistic this would be.

Thanks in advance for your sincere advise.

Regards!

hi
iam srivastav here.Well living in malaysia and find job is very difficult some times easy but salaries are very less for foreigners.if you do buissness here in malaysia can earn more money.you can try in finding for job its not a problem.I was In IT but presently iam doing some smal scale buissness.iam doing visa extension and profesioanl pass for foreign people in malaysia.Any thing regarding Visas you can contact me.Any thing you want to know text me or call me to this number my number is 00601116280906.i dnt mind to answer and clear your doubts.
thankyou

hi
Its better to apply and work in singapore.you will get paid according to your knowledge and experience.
tq

Agree that Singapore would be a far better choice for you both. There is a shortage of talent and so more opportunities for foreigners.

Malaysia (KL) is quite restrictive and only allows certain companies to hire from overseas. Michael Page and Robert Walters (recruiters) may be helpful to get the feel of what might be possible. I dont know what area of finance you are involved in, but there are very few openings in Banking and Finance for foreigners and usually high level. Many more in Singapore, as for marketing, as it is a very sophisticated market.

Hi finance and marketing are not expat friendly jobs in Malaysia. There are jobs but usually people sent to Malaysia and usually marketing. Finance is generally a dead end and one of the worst areas to get an expat job in Malaysia.

Singapore is far harder these days but has a financial sector that employs foreigners. Without details hard to say as "finance" can mean so many things. Local marketing jobs pay very little and hard to turn up and get a worthwhile job. It can be done but not worth it financially. It is always better to secure a job before you move.