Family of 5 Moving to Belize

Hi everyone, my name is Moses, british born and residing in the US. We just returned to the States leaving beautiful Belize behind. My family, wife and 3 kids intend moving to Belize by end of 2014. Any updated information of applying for residency? I have been reading all the questions and various answers from expats.

We intend living in Placencia, I am in the Hosptiality Industry, my wife is a Director of Occupational Therapy, how easy it to get jobs in ones current field? Are there any particular jobsites anyone can recommend? work permits do we need them and how much? Are they yearly or every 6 months?  How long can we stay before applying for residency? Fees?

Does anyone know of any shipping company that will ship our belongings? Any Duty fees on furniture? How long does a container takes? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Moses

you would need a work permit and it is unlikely you would get one.  Permits are only given to people who are not competing with Belizeans for the jobs.   If you wish to start your own business and employ Belizeans, then you may get a  permit.  it will cost couple of thousand and take a few months if you hire an expediter.  some people have done this on their own.  we used a helper.   The rules for residency are being modified often.   Currently, after being here a year, you can apply.  it does cost and requires much paper work.  takes up to 20 months to get approved.