Ofered a job

Hello,

I got a job offer and now I would like to know what the standard procedure from that on is. I am offered to work for 3 years and my salary will aproximately be 26000 MRU, but everthing is not defined yet. The main concern I have is if the payment is enough for decent life, i don't need much just some party now and than and some shoping :D

I was also wondering if anyone is looking or knows someone that wants to share the appartment (roomate) in Grande Baie or near that location, preferably a woman :)

Hoping you can help me,

Wish you all a great day.

According to the law, the salary for expats should be 45,000 MUR minimum (and 35,000 for those working in the IT field if I'm not mistaken). 26,000 sounds weird. It sounds like a salary for a Mauritian, not for an expat.
Make sure with the company that offered you the job that they are taking care of obtaining all legal permits for you.

We are still negotiation on that offer, but all will be legal and taken care by the employer. It is not a company but a small business that just started, and I would be a spa person.

Sleeping Cookie wrote:

According to the law, the salary for expats should be 45,000 MUR minimum (and 35,000 for those working in the IT field if I'm not mistaken). 26,000 sounds weird. It sounds like a salary for a Mauritian, not for an expat.
Make sure with the company that offered you the job that they are taking care of obtaining all legal permits for you.

Sleeping Cookie is right!  (Rs 30'000 for IT !).
Careful with promises and “We will take care of ...” !!!
They don't joke with laws and regulations here!

Check: - worknlive.mu/menuid1.aspx    /  and - worknlive.mu for more info.

Good luck,

Sleeping Cookie wrote:

For an Occupational Permit delivered by the BOI, the requisites are as you described BUT
Someone can get a work permit delivered by the Ministry of Labour  for salaries below what are expected for an occupational permit ( in fields that can't be filled by Mauritians).
That work permit should be initiated/applied by the prospective employer who should abide by the rules and T&Cs of the Ministry. After delivery of the work permit, the prospective employee should apply for his/her resident permit.
If you read the French forum, seems like Clinique Darné has been making a go at it.

Nanena

Welcome to Mauritius

I fully agree with External regarding the distinction between Work Permit and Occupation Permit

The minimum salary level is not as high when the recruitment has gone though a Work Permit rather than an Occupation Permit.

Anyway, some Mauritian families are making a living out of less than Rs 26,000/- (a little bit more than $800/-)

Still, one possible simple way of deciding would be to compare with your current earnings in your country.

Cheers

Vayid

Thanks to everyone :) Does anybody know approximately what documents I need for a resident permit application, I know employer is going to give me that information, but i would like to prepare some of them before, so my mom can handle it afterwards.

I got my working permit though with my russian medical degree;I gave tuitions russians coaching for medical insurance good pay,even though the tight market.it wasnt easy,but one must try all the ways.My parents were against my marriage.i had no other ways to make money with my experiences,skills,references.I wanted to go back to Russia also.

well, I do not know what job  YOU will do
but as a doctor I got my occupational permit and residency permit by showing the medical degrees  and letter of employment via the hospital...  hope this helps,,
suresh

Work Permit seems like the right option but please be careful there are sometimes several legal hassles to go through, Make sure they send you a copy of the permit before you move to Mauritius. MUR 26000 seems like the right salary to begin with!