Places and activities In Kuwait

At first thanks to my friend Kenjee he asked me to add this post  :)

People need to have Fun as thy need to work  need to move on as thy need to eat and drink

This is a list on places may Expats here in Kuwait like to know 

I will start with what comes to mind one for tour and other for fun haha

- AlHamra tower

Completed in 2011, Al Hamra Tower pierces the Kuwait City skyline to an impressive height of 412 metres. Its original and stunning design is by the famous architectural firm Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill, known for designing countless skyscrapers, including Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Within the building is a shopping complex, offices, and a rooftop restaurant.
Have fun and visit it :)

- Pro Kart Kuwait
It's already opened in Kuwait recently. Location is behind Kuwait International Airport and opposite of Khitan Area. Timing is from 19:00 to 00:00. Check their website www.prokartkw.com

Aquairum and IMAX

is located at Salmiya area, at the beach side. The attractions in Scientific Center will be the aquarium and the IMAX. The entrance fee will be 3KD for each but you may get 5KD entrance tickets for both sites. The shark aquarium is the biggest one in the complex among the other smaller ones.

-Camel races

From Nov to Mar you can visit the Kuwait Camel Racing Club to see the camel races. Instead of small boys, remote controlled robots are used to race the camels, operated by men in jeeps alongside the track!
It is after 7th ring road

- Failaka Island

Failaka Island - the journey takes about 1 and a half hours. To take your car over is not cheap but you can hire a car very cheaply by the hour on the Island. there is a small resort with accommodation and wave runners can be hired at the beach.

-Entertainment City
Entertainment city is the biggest leisure park in Kuwait, located in Al-Doha, west part of Kuwait. Many rides for family and kids and many of them will be included in your entrance ticket. You have to pay for few rides like Tornado and rollercoaster though. It has good theme parks (Arab world, International World, Future World), boat ride, and rail train across the park, and many fast food restaurants within. The entrance fee is 3.500KD but during special occasions (Eid, national day, Independence Day) the entrance fee will be 1KD only. The opening hours will be from 4 to 12PM (summer), 230-1030PM (winter), 10AM-9PM (holiday), and will be closed on Saturdays.

-Kuwait Beach Malls

Mall is the only place you can enjoy in Kuwait when the temperature will reach 50`C.Kuwait has good malls,especially with the beach view like Marina mall,Soukh Sharq,and Al Kout Mall.All of them has nice food courts and cafes with the beautiful view of Kuwait beaches.The most important thing,it is a safe place for everybody.You can rent a yacht and roaming around the mall,you can go for fishing,or just sit yourself watching sunset there. Dress up for the malls !! The Kuwait beach malls are the best ones among other malls, you may see well fashioned local people here too. Dont be shy to put your make up on girls, many Kuwaiti girls will spend hours in beauty pailors before going to the mall. Great sunrise at the Marina Crescent side and the best sunset in Shouk Sharq mall. See the separated tips for each mall in shopping tips.

- Take a helicopter ride!

If you know anyone at the American military bases in Kuwait, you can try to go on a helicopter ride. If not, you will certainly see the American choppers flying around the country.

It's defiantly the fastest way between any two points in this country, or between Kuwait and Iraq.

-Kuwait tower

You have to visit these towers if you are in Kuwait City. Kuwait towers have become one of the most important landmarks of Kuwait. They are a symbol of its development and continued progress.
From the big tower you will be able to see Kuwait City a little from above, it's really amazing, and extremely beautiful to get the view over most of the city!

-Drive the Gulf Road towards...

Drive the Gulf Road towards the city. You will see many mosques, one of the Emir's Palaces, the new fish market, the Kuwait Towers (the most photographed building in Kuwait), the new Sharq Mall, and last, but not least, you will find the old fishing port.
The old fishing port is filled with Dhows, huge old wooden fishing boats still used to this day for the majority of the fishing in Kuwait. The fishermen are mostly Indian in nationality and very friendly although communication might be hard unless you can speak thier language or Arabic.

-Visit the National Museum

See some old handicrafts from Kuwait's past and a dhow outside. There is a small planetarium showing shorts films. Free

-The Grand Mosque

Built between 1979 and 1986, the Grand Mosque is the largest in the country. Although largely modern in design, it draws on traditional Islamic architecture.

Sports and activities
I'm big fan with longboards ppl here do sports in mushrif fahahele and many place is good to ride bicycles many gyms cheep and hi rate is available , jet boats and other can rent throw why Gulf road , kiteboarding in Sumer and winter kite landboard  you can go to 7th ring road to watch car racing if you are shooter  just select your gun in 6th ring road and 7th ring road shaikh Sabah shooting  complex

There is more and more to have here in Kuwait  you will never lost in this small nice country just stop on traffic light and ask or ask me lol :)

With regards
Omar

Thanks Omar! I have personally done a couple of things on your list, but at the same time I have met people who spent a decade in Kuwait and haven't done a single one - and they still dare to complain about boredom. :)

You have to arrange your life and style every spot on world you can have fun even in jungle you can spend time on hunting and running from lions hahaha  :cheers:

Heat it's not big deal just have fun on the beach you will love the heat haha  :gloria

:cheers:

By the why you can cook ur late breakfast  Eco free  :joking:

Hello Omarbob!

Your topic is a sticky one  :top:

Feel free to add any more leisure items that people could do in Kuwait! I am sure it will enlighten many hearts.

Regards
Kenjee

Thanks Kenjee I will  :par:

Thanks Omar for the post.I rarly feel bored because there are many things to do.

No problem bro just ask   :cool:

thanks omar  :D

:o

This a very nice post.  I am new to Kuwait and looking for things to do and you just gave me a whole list.
Thank you

jaythree wrote:

This a very nice post.  I am new to Kuwait and looking for things to do and you just gave me a whole list.
Thank you

Just ask and thanks for passing bro

It is a great one your right

Hello

Any good ideas!

To add up:

1.  Wall climbing and fly a flight simulator at 360 mall (Well not that challenging but enough to give you muscle aches the next morning. That would do.😛).
2.  Rides at Shaab Park  (Go for the Evolution and space shot, I almost ripped my throat out and l think my soul left me while on those rides. Oh and dont forget to ride that adorable camel near the exit and take a cute selfie with it).
3.  Slides at those water-themed parks i.e. Aquapark and Messilla park  (Aquapark has this funnel slide that is guaranteed fun).
4.  Paintball near the Kuwait towers.
5.  Crabbing near Burj Al Hamam restaurant (Just bring a flaslight and that long fork thingy that looks like a spear or something, don't know how to call it, wait for the sunset, and you're good to go).
6.  Ice skating at the only iceskating rink in Kuwait (Not sure if it's the "Only" one but I'm open for enlightenment).
7.  Chill at Skyzone(in Fahaheel) if you like live band performance.
8.  Go kart near Kuwait towers (for beginners like me who have issues with driving😢).
9.  Kayaking and quad ride a.k.a. Buggy at Khiran (You need the whole day for this since in took us forever to go there and the possibility of being lost is high if you are not local, which I supposed you're not coz you are reading this😏).
10. Art session at Color Me Mine at Marina Crescent (I know this is lame to some but it works, at least for me, good ol' childhood fun).
11. Camel watching (and feeding :D  Hehe I was fortunate enough to be bestfriends to some of those friendly camels once we went to the desert just near camp Buehring. It's like they are a thousand of them!)
12.  Shisha and arabic music band at Ras Al Ard Club ( If you're into arabic traditions. Tried it and it's a once and a lifetime experience :whistle: ).
13.  Haggle and buy antiques and persian rugs and other arabic trinkets at the Friday Market a.k.a. Haraj (which I bought a really good find and cost me next to nothing).
14. ...and so much more. See! Kuwait is not that boring as other people claimed , It's all in whatever floats your boat and getting up your bum to do it. (Nope I'm not a local and nope I'm not having a cut for telling this).
P.S. I don't wanna add the restaurant hopping coz it's not a proactive activity, well at least not for me. Anyway that's just me sayin'.
Just mingle mingle peeps!

Have fun!  :top:

@ Air_bay80s > Very nice post, thank you :D

Priscilla

@Priscilla, My pleasure to share! :proud

this is funny..I haven't done most of the listed things,, and I'm Kuwaiti
thanks for the nice post.

How about diving? I have been going with a cheering group to dive for oysters towards the South. Discovering underwater beauty of Kuwait.

Never :(

Why not!

I don't know..I don't like seeing fish staring at me.. it's scary!

Don't worry. You will only see fish running away from you.

Hey guys!

Are you still going diving?

M88 wrote:

this is funny..I haven't done most of the listed things,, and I'm Kuwaiti
thanks for the nice post.

Ur welcome Sis

Air_bay80s wrote:

To add up:

1.  Wall climbing and fly a flight simulator at 360 mall (Well not that challenging but enough to give you muscle aches the next morning. That would do.😛).
2.  Rides at Shaab Park  (Go for the Evolution and space shot, I almost ripped my throat out and l think my soul left me while on those rides. Oh and dont forget to ride that adorable camel near the exit and take a cute selfie with it).
3.  Slides at those water-themed parks i.e. Aquapark and Messilla park  (Aquapark has this funnel slide that is guaranteed fun).
4.  Paintball near the Kuwait towers.
5.  Crabbing near Burj Al Hamam restaurant (Just bring a flaslight and that long fork thingy that looks like a spear or something, don't know how to call it, wait for the sunset, and you're good to go).
6.  Ice skating at the only iceskating rink in Kuwait (Not sure if it's the "Only" one but I'm open for enlightenment).
7.  Chill at Skyzone(in Fahaheel) if you like live band performance.
8.  Go kart near Kuwait towers (for beginners like me who have issues with driving😢).
9.  Kayaking and quad ride a.k.a. Buggy at Khiran (You need the whole day for this since in took us forever to go there and the possibility of being lost is high if you are not local, which I supposed you're not coz you are reading this😏).
10. Art session at Color Me Mine at Marina Crescent (I know this is lame to some but it works, at least for me, good ol' childhood fun).
11. Camel watching (and feeding :D  Hehe I was fortunate enough to be bestfriends to some of those friendly camels once we went to the desert just near camp Buehring. It's like they are a thousand of them!)
12.  Shisha and arabic music band at Ras Al Ard Club ( If you're into arabic traditions. Tried it and it's a once and a lifetime experience :whistle: ).
13.  Haggle and buy antiques and persian rugs and other arabic trinkets at the Friday Market a.k.a. Haraj (which I bought a really good find and cost me next to nothing).
14. ...and so much more. See! Kuwait is not that boring as other people claimed , It's all in whatever floats your boat and getting up your bum to do it. (Nope I'm not a local and nope I'm not having a cut for telling this).
P.S. I don't wanna add the restaurant hopping coz it's not a proactive activity, well at least not for me. Anyway that's just me sayin'.
Just mingle mingle peeps!

Have fun!  :top:

Need more pro  thanks

-Camel races

From Nov to Mar you can visit the Kuwait Camel Racing Club to see the camel races. Instead of small boys, remote controlled robots are used to race the camels, operated by men in jeeps alongside the track!

@Omar,
For camel racing, do we just show up there?

GoogleMaster wrote:

Yes.

GoogleMaster wrote:

-Camel races

@Omar,

Yes just simple as that

LoOoL love your ideology
Sometimes I say that I can even enjoy myself in prison too  :top:

I wanna see the camel racing , I just saw them on TV. Which dates the camels race will start ?

The Roof cenima in salmiya is also interesting

Done almost all of it except seeing the camel races.  I know horse race track is on Wafra road (306).  But never seen the camel race track.  Where exactly after 7th ring.  It is certainly not express highways, 30, 40 or 80.. Not 50, 55, 60 or 70 as they don't go as far as 7th ring road.  Is it on road 51 after Sabhan ?

It is not that close. :) Here is the location:

https://goo.gl/maps/uCAsw

When the camel race will start ?

I think they should have started already, Saturdays around 2PM.

Do you know when is the next camel race will start ?

I'm assuming it is going to be next Saturday. :)
No guarantees though, I have arrived once and it did not take place on that particular Saturday.