Maids: Live-in

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone can recommend reliable agency for providing liv-in maids.
An idea about cost involved would be appreciated.
Apart from agency service, are there other means to arrange domestic help on live-in basis?
Regards
Waqas

online ads and referrals from other expats who are leaving Kuwait and want to find a job for their maid is the best bet

Hi Waqas!

There are many agencies that provide live-in maids in Kuwait. Unfortunately though, not all of them are listed online, and those that are listed are Arabic websites.

However, I personally know of two major buildings that are filled with offices that offer domestic help. One of them is called Ibn-Khaldoun complex, which is located on Ibn-Khaldoun street in Hawally. The other complex is called Al-Ayyed complex, located in Farwaniyah on the same street as that of the police station.

I'm not entirely sure about the prices or regulations, but I believe your wife has to be living with you, and that you must pay around KD200 to issue the visa. There are additional fees to be paid, depending on the office itself and the nationality of the housemaid.

What I am sure about, though, is that you won't be pleased once you visit the places I mentioned, or any other domestic help office in Kuwait, if only for the bad conditions these ladies have to endure before they are hired.

Just a heads up for you.

Good luck!

Mariam
thanks for the useful info.
I will visit the places u mentioned.
Will try to provide better living to at least one individual.
Rgds
Waqas

Thanks lagecy. Will look into that option.
Rgds
Waqas