How can be life in Lagos for a family come from Italy?

Hi!
I'm Mya from Italy, I hope to find someone who can help me understand how will be the life in Lagos...
at the moment my companion started the selection process for a job oportunity in Lagos (Victoria Island) and we don't know and imagine at all how life can be there.
We are a family consisting of 4 people (one son age 2, my mother age 64, my companion and I). We read some scaring articles about sefty and cost of living, for that reason we aren't sure to move or not...anyway we don't like to judge things superficially, and we want to know more about Nigeria, Lagos and Victoria Island. I wonder if someone can share with me his experience of expat  in Lagos...

Specifically we are searching more informations about:

visa process for relatives

taxes

safty areas to live

cost of living: apartments, food, car, gasoline, bills for water, light and gas, shools, public transportation, hospitals,

healt insurances, some amenities like cinema, restaurants, swimming pool, etc...

I also wonder if there are schools in Lagos for child (probably with ASD Asperger Syndrome we are during the investigation process at the moment) needs speech therapy and special education and support, and how much  expensive are that kind of school or after school therapy

Thank you very much!  :cheers:
mya_akin

Hello mya_akin

While waiting for expats who have done the move to best help you out, I kindly suggest you to check out the multiple threads on Lagos Forum so as to have an idea of the life there and find answers to your queries.

Regards
Kenjee

Hi Mya, am faith by name and I am a lagos based with my family, but I am currently in abuja the federal capital teritory of nigeria.

Lagos is a good place to stay, it is less espensive than Abuja, it is most populated thou, just like london when it comes to crowd, businesss and being busy.
For accommodation it is more affordable than abuja, for a flat in Vi, say 3bed room flat you have to hold at least $4000-6000 per annum! Then this depends on the neatness of the house.

For school for the kids there are lots of good school (private). Even the british council school is on the island.

Cloths are very affordable, public transport is cheap but lagos cabs is mostly expensive.

For how u can get visa I will say you should visit the nigerian embassy in your home town.

Thou I have an italian friend who comes here often for business , so am sure you can get the visa.

I hope this helps.
Thanks

i live in torino italy but in nigeria now

panino?cafe o lavata?

Bro, welcome am proud to tell u Lagos is one of the best place to live in. And in just Six months hia u wont want to go back....