New in Berlin.. looking for friends

Hi there, as the title goes I moved in Berlin last month and I am trying to improve my social life which can be equal to zero so far!! I am currently learning German but my level is certainly not good enough to discuss any philosophy problems... Language exchange will be nice but I am searching mostly to find people to hang out. I love walking, strange exhibitions, sharing a beer or a hot chocolate (depending of the season) and blablabla. I speak French, English and Chinese... I don't mind your nationality, I am a foreigner as well!
See u soon!

Angelique ;)

Welcome to the forum Aneglique :)

You can also try the Berlin Expat Network page for friendship and networking. I wish you all the best, and hope you will make lot contacts via this site.

Best Regards

hello
my namis paul from nigeria can we talk to known each other

Hi Angelique,

interesting that you speak Chinese. Berlin is definitely my favourite German city. Lots of things to see, lots of interesting people to meet. And not to forget the subtle difference between the east and the west.

I love walking, going out with friends and exihibitions as well, but not necessarily strange. Again it depends on what you mean by strange :-) Maybe we have a chance to meet up when I come to visit Berlin.

Have fun

Fanling

Hi Angelique,

I am in a similar situation as you.. In fact I am not yet but will be from the 1st of January when I will be moving to Berlin from Copenhagen. As I will be looking to meet people in the city, it would be nice if we met for a coffee/drink!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Alex

Hi Angelique - I will be coming to Berlin for New Years (I'll be relocating to Kiel for 18 months - flight leaves Vancouver the day after tomorrow...). The plan is to meet up with a friend who happens to visiting family in Germany in Berlin on New Years Eve - but I know us well enough to know that best laid plans go awry. I would welcome another lost philosophizing soul that communicates poorly in German to get in touch with whilst getting to know Germany. Just give me a shout (or mayhap an email would be more effective) if you're available and up for a random expat greeting.
Cheers,
Shirin

shirin wrote:

Hi Angelique - I will be coming to Berlin for New Years (I'll be relocating to Kiel for 18 months - flight leaves Vancouver the day after tomorrow...). The plan is to meet up with a friend who happens to visiting family in Germany in Berlin on New Years Eve - but I know us well enough to know that best laid plans go awry. I would welcome another lost philosophizing soul that communicates poorly in German to get in touch with whilst getting to know Germany. Just give me a shout (or mayhap an email would be more effective) if you're available and up for a random expat greeting.
Cheers,
Shirin

Hi Shirin,

I am in Kiel. Just give me a shout if you need a tour guide :-)

Cheers,
Ling

Hi there!
  I will be happy to meet u up when u r around! Even if it is freezing cold out there, I will fight the weather for a nice hot chocolate!
Anyway, here is my email and write me when u have some time free: [email protected]
See u very soon!

Angelique

Hi Angelique,

you shouldn't give your email address on public forums (you should use the private message system ;))

Hi Angelique,
I'm moving to Berlin in March and would be happy to meet you! By then you might have some good advice for people who are starting out in the city.
Best wishes,
Ben

Hello how are you? I hope that you are well!
I will be moving to Berlin next month, and wil be more than happy to buy you a beer, or a hot chocolat.
Kind regards
Alan

Hello Alan -> Just to note that this thread is quite old (2011). ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

please l looking for friendship in berlin

Hello agyakum.

The forum may help you to broaden your friendship ties. But i think that you should first introduce yourself to the other members. Don't you? ;)

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hey ,

Just saw your post, likewise even I am new to Berlin and look forward to make new friend for some fun/social activities. Let me know if you are interested in meeting up smile

Cheers,
Ashish

Hey there,
just saw this posting, I am back in Berlin after living 16 years abroad in America! Would love to meet some friends to chat, hangout and go out with!
:)

Hi there,
I just recently moved back to Berlin as well, from America, and am looking for some friendships to go out with, chat and just have a social life again! I speak fluent english and german (: I am 22 years old and open to pretty much anything, I am a lover of music, art, museums and just sightseeing in general.
I just noticed I posted twice on the same thing woops!  ;)
-Bonny

hello bonny, are you still looking for someone to go out with?

Absolutely! Am still on the friend search (;

me too, so we can arrange something :)

Sounds like a good plan (: e-mail me so we can arrange something! [email protected]

does anyone have plans for this weekend? im in berlin and in for a meet-up

Hola como estas?cuantos años tienes?

Hello sandybel!   :cheers:

As this is the anglophone version of the site, could you please write only in English so that members can understand and interact with you if needed?

Regards
Kenjee

Kenjee hello sorry if tradusco be fine, I have some on this site and use it or even entirely

Hi

Here is Mahadi from Sudan & living in Germany since about two years.I speak ( not bad) German english beside Arabic. please write me if you like to in the next days.
we may practice german together or having some walk,beer. or whatever.

[email protected]

Hi ! I live in Berlin since 1 months, I come from Switzerland and I'm fast 20 years old!  I would like to know new people and do some activities like sighseeing, shopping, party, sport ... Whatever you want !!

hello Angelica,

nice to meet you!! I live in berlin since 2 years nearly three, so it would be a pleasure to show you some nice corners of the city ;) I am 25, making my dreams true in this magic city!! right now preparing an art expo, giving classes and improving my german :). berlin has one of the best tango and salsa dance panorama, with beautiful shows we could enjoy with a good rioja and nice people.Also now is a good season for street marks and nice events...or just walk in mythical places like an  abandoned attraction park in the middle of the city...just give me a line if u one to hang around

hasta la vista babe ;)

Hi everyone!!
I'm Kat, from Finland. (23 years old) I'm not so new to Berlin anymore, but I'm still looking for more english speaking friends, and new people to hangout with :))

If you're interested, message me. :)

Well Im in Jamaica trying to hook up with a German. Please keep contact with me so I can have a social life with someone living in Germany. I always dream of living there so like how your living my dream  communicate with me so I can know whats going on over there and how your coping

Consider me Im looking to hang out  with some Europeans. Im from Jamaica though but with technology I can reach you and you can reach me

ytroy wrote:

Well Im in Jamaica trying to hook up with a German. Please keep contact with me so I can have a social life with someone living in Germany. I always dream of living there so like how your living my dream  communicate with me so I can know whats going on over there and how your coping

How about you introduce yourself first as a new member to the forum.

According to your profile you are in Jamaica and want to move to USA, so what brings you here to the German forum site ?

Also please keep in mind that EB is not a dating site....

Hi, I am Isaiah i dont live in Berlin yet
but i am moving there in August, 31st to be exact... can you help me out with somethings? like a few questions?

Hi there, iam new in berlin i have two months now since i came iam taking begginer course of german language i wish to get any friend/s to company me i like charting moving arround/walking out watching movies dancing

Faith,  :cool:

Hello guys ... so i moved to Berlin befor 10 months and i find it so hard to get my social live better ... so if u guys are lookin for someone to spend time with or to make new friends please tell me we can mabye do somethin together later ?

Heloooo everybody!, I moved back to germany from west africa some time ago. Before, i lived in congo. Although i cant wait to go back to the tropics, i would love to meet some africans and other expats to recreate some of the atmosphere i like there :-) I speak english, german, french and spanish. Activities, i enjoy sharing are going for walks, expos, sport, golf, cooking, hang out, make music, cinema, art etc. Please write back, lol

Hey I'm Laura I'm 19. I moved to Berlin a little over a month ago and I'm looking for friends! I only speak English at the moment but I'm hoping to improve my bad German skills while living here. I enjoy music, art, history and the occasional night out. It'd be cool to meet up with other expats and also natives.

Hi KiSuu,

i m not really new in Berlin ... but moved here because of my company.

how about a meet-up. You in for it?

Looking forward to reading from you :)

Hi Laura,

I d love to meet up. Im not exactly new in Berlin. I ve been here for ... hmmm ... 7 months now :)

I speak fluent german so ... if you want to learn the language its best you hang around a german speaker :)

Ping me if you are up for a meet up: 0176 72972061 :)

take care

Only if you are aiming for some craziness and cozy evenings as well, contact me!
Aaaaand welcome to Berlin's theater!

:cool: