Looking for friends/people to play/watch football with

Hey all,

Seeing as I don't seem to have much luck finding a football team here in Cebu City, I'm gonna try something different. Anyone up to playing some football (soccer) casually? Anyone out there who also stays up all night to watch the games?

Failing all that: anyone who just wants to hang out sometime?

Were I live it is 500 peso a year to be on the old person team.  And the young short kids keep beating us at the game. That is basketball.  You see them playing and ask. Most courts have a number of teams and play the different subdivisions or courts in your area close. Unless you are on a good team. And can play a good team across town.

dude, you have to check by everytime at aboitiz soccer field. you might accidentally know someone good at there :)

Hi,
I am Cebu and have the same problem as you maybe we could meet up and play together. I am kind of new here so I don't actually know people who play.

Hey all,

Seeing as I don't seem to have much luck finding a football team here in Cebu City, I'm gonna try something different. Anyone up to playing some football (soccer) casually? Anyone out there who also stays up all night to watch the games?

Failing all that: anyone who just wants to hang out sometime?
-@Mirallas

we r looking for players to play with us.. kindly contact me at *** , we will be playing on every wednesday n saturday

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

What about five a side, that way you need less players and it will keep you fit. Failing that you could always revert to the old method kids used to use back in the day in the UK. 4 jumpers for goal posts, a ball and away you go.

A quick  search on Google revealed that Cebu do have a Football Team so maybe if you went to watch a game you might find that there are people watching the game who would also like to play. Their next match seems to be on 19 Aug against University of Philippines at home by the looks of things.

@Cherryann01

Do the Filipina cheerleaders like to play too Cherryanne?

@Cherryann01
Do the Filipina cheerleaders like to play too Cherryanne?
-@Lotus Eater

Who's jumpers do you think are going down for the goal posts? The team will be the ones cheering1f923.svg1f923.svg

NFL season starting soon! Got my sub for NFL live games online. Looking forward to getting up at 1am when the 9ers visit east coast teams. heh

NFL season starting soon! Got my sub for NFL live games online. Looking forward to getting up at 1am when the 9ers visit east coast teams. heh
-@Larry Fisher

Are the 49ers expected to do well this coming season Larry?

-@Larry Fisher
Are the 49ers expected to do well this coming season Larry?
-@Cherryann01

Very well. Favorite to win the NFC west division, and make it to NFC championship game and possibly the super bowl.1f60a.svg

I am mainly a soccer man but do like to watch American Football and I think soccer could learn a few things from the game. For example we have VAR to review possible infringements but I do like the way that the official in American Football announces the reason for the penalty and which player committed it. I also think soccer may go down the line of having 4 quarters at some stage. Last year we had some unusually hot weather here and it was decided to have a drink break half way through the first and second half. Add to that the fact there are American owners of clubs and the constant pressure from advertising, it may happen one day.

We obviously have the London Games now but I think us older Brits remember the 80's when the game was introduced to us and the popular teams back then were the 49ers, Bears,, Giants, Cowboys and Dolphins so I think most of us older guys tend to follow one of the teams from back then. We also have a one hour show looking back at the previous weeks games and looking at the current weeks games, predictions, analysis, etc on terrestrial TV. Jason Bell and Ossi Umenyiora are on the show and the current presenter. I remember the great chemistry when Mark Chapman was on the show with Jason and Ossi, lots of good analysis. predictions, interviews and previews and a big splash of comedy thrown in also, mostly from Ossi.

I am mainly a soccer man but do like to watch American Football and I think soccer could learn a few things from the game. For example we have VAR to review possible infringements but I do like the way that the official in American Football announces the reason for the penalty and which player committed it. I also think soccer may go down the line of having 4 quarters at some stage. Last year we had some unusually hot weather here and it was decided to have a drink break half way through the first and second half. This was also the case at the World Cup. Add to that the fact there are American owners of clubs and the constant pressure from advertising, it may happen one day.

We obviously have the London Games now but I think us older Brits remember the 80's when the game was introduced to us and the popular teams back then were the 49ers, Bears,, Giants, Cowboys, Raiders and Dolphins so I think most of us older guys tend to follow one of the teams from back then. We also have a one hour show looking back at the previous weeks games and looking at the current weeks games, predictions, analysis, etc on terrestrial TV. Jason Bell and Ossi Umenyiora are on the show and the current presenter. I remember the great chemistry when Mark Chapman was on the show with Jason and Ossi, lots of good analysis. predictions, interviews and previews and a big splash of comedy thrown in also, mostly from Ossi.
-@Cherryann01

Sorry, I seem to have posted twice.

@Cherryann01 that's cool! I'm a lifelong 49ers fan. I was at the game in 1982 in San Francisco when Dwight Clark made "The Catch" to beat Dallas and go on and win their 1st super bowl title and the start of that dynasty.

Edit: I left a lot of belongings when I moved here. Knowing this was my last move, I brought only a couple treasured mementos to gaze upon. One of them is my 49ers jacket from mid 90's circa. The rest are baseball caps commemorating  certain dates for the San Francisco Giants baseball team. I also watch many of the SF Giants baseball games. Almost daily.

@Cherryann01

The difference between American Football and UK Football is salient. With the former they squeeze in the action between the commercials. With the the latter its the opposite.

I would however love to attend an American Football game just for the occasion. Between the 'Plays' you can always watch the cheerleaders while sipping your soda pop.

@Cherryann01
The difference between American Football and UK Football is salient. With the former they squeeze in the action between the commercials. With the the latter its the opposite.
I would however love to attend an American Football game just for the occasion. Between the 'Plays' you can always watch the cheerleaders while sipping your soda pop.
-@Lotus Eater

Larry Nassar got stabbed 7 times watching women's tennis.

please any team I can play with around metro manila?...

I'm new around...

Check out Football Manila on Facebook. They provide coaching for adults and kids. The bio says - Football Manila - coaching for kids and adults, pitch sharing, open play football and European football. Not sure exactly what they mean by European football. Open play probably means a short kick around or maybe even a short organised match but if you go down and see what they are all about  then at least you will be with like minded individuals who can probably help you.