Looking to re-locate to coronado

Hello,

My wife and I are looking to relocate from Denver, CO to Coronado, Panama and have a few questions.

We have been looking into the beach towns and this seems like one of the few in Panama with a bigger community and offerings.  One of the turn-offs was that we see it has a Country Club that seems to encompass a large part of it.  We were looking to not be in the country club but more of a beach style life in an approx. 150 sqm place.  Can anyone recommend where we should start looking.  Also are their food stauls and local places to shop nearby where you can buy local produce, seafood, farm fresh eggs from?  It seems like you may have to drive into town from the beach to access this?

We plan a trip down in Oct/Nov of this year to spend a month there before reloacting.  I was stationed in the city when I served in the USMC and have always wanted to get back.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I think I know exactly what you're looking for (and not looking for).  You want beachfront living with lots of nearby (walking) shops, bars and restaurants.  (Nothing says beach living like tiki hut bars and restaurants with cold beer and tasty food). You'd prefer to not to have to own a car and instead ride bikes, golf carts and use cabs when needed for other visits.  You love having Panama City nearby for all it has to offer, including air travel, and don't want to be more than, say, a couple of hours away.  After all, cars demand maintenance and insurance and a place to park and you've heard plenty about Panama drivers, unlit roads and safety concerns associated with some areas.  Regardless, you know you don't want to drive out of some massive development project for all your needs.  You're not opposed to golf and country clubs, but don't want to live in another golf course community with the same ol' members, beat up amenities and stupid  pricing (After all, you'd buy at an infinite number of such communities available throughout the South, Texas and the Southwest if you were interested in such a community.)  You want a relatively year round community with expats and some locals alike to give you familiarity but also local culture and flavor of your new country.  You're not interested in a place that shows much of any life solely on weekends and only during the dry season of December to May.  After all, you're there all year and want activities and amenities all year. You're not opposed to KFC and McDonald's, but hope there are far more restaurants serving fresh locally caught seafood and healthy and tasty local cuisine - and not at tourist trap prices but more reflective of the country's lower cost of living.   Obviously, safety is very important, as is a location that is clean and well maintained with utilities (water, power, internet) operating in a fairly reliable manner.  After all, you're not wanting to live off the grid!  Finally, you want a place with ample, affordable housing options, including villas, condos, single-family homes for sale and rental.  After all, you're not poor but are not super rich and certainly don't want to pay too much to live on the beach or you'd be looking in Miami Beach coast areas.

Have I nailed your needs first?

Thanks for nailing it on the head!  Wow you hit it just right!  Does this place exist?

LOL! No, it doesn't. Many of us want it and I don't believe it exists in Panama. I'm looking elsewhere.  Coronado is as close as it gets but you'll quickly find the shortcomings.  Good luck. .

LOL ok thanks, it would be paradise wouldn't' it!

Hello! I thing you always can find places with some parts  looking like  what you want. I'm very sure that you'll find what are you looking for.
Contact me when  you are in Panamá City, so when can have a coffe!
[email protected]

Kind Regards,

Sayonara