Introduction

Hi All,

I am Hammad and I was born and bred in Britain. I live in Dubai and settled there for a long time.

I am a Director in a power generation company. We have projects in South Africa, Morocco and Jordan/Amman, therefore I have been  visiting the places very often. I was in Upington for a week and now leaving for Casablanca/Marrakesh/Johannesburg/Dubai.

I am looking after the world's largest CSP plant in Ourzazate.

regards,
Hammad

Hello Hammad Khan!  :cheers:

Its a pleasure to have you on board Expat.com!

Feel free to participate on threads on the different country forums to meet expats around the places you live and visit.

Regards
Kenjee

Thanks.. Can I please ask you a question...How will my private message system will be activated?

I think usually when you get to a certain number of posts on the forum, it activates. but you an always ask the Admins to activate the PM

Hi Hammad Khan,

You should please avoid sending copy paste to several users via the private message system. Please read the anti spam system rules > https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

Welll thats not spam, its my introduction. Do you want me to change it with every new member i try to contact?

@ Hammad Khan > Do note that only one introduction about yourself is needed and of course there is no need to introduce yourself each time to each member.

In order to send private messages again, you only need to participate actively and to give out essential and detailed information to members asking questions on the forum, that's it, really simple to understand and to put into practice ! :)

Priscilla

Thanks for the information

Hi Hammad,

How are you? And how is your time in Morocco?

Salwa, Its quite lonely. People are so friendly but language barrier is irritating.

Not as irritating as your face.

Zayn, you dont like my face :) I am sorry its the only one I am issued with :)

Lol, I'm glad you have a sense of humour! Eid Mubarak. :)

So Hammad, you didn't learn any Arabic while in UAE? Everything was in English?

You gotta go to UAE to know that...even in Saudi Arabia....the work language is English...Are you a guy? or  girl? Cannot make it from your name...

I know how it's like there, as I currently have family living in that region. But I mean, in your case, since you're involved with Projects in Morocco & Jordan, in other-words, Arab countries, I would of thought you would take advantage of living in UAE and learn Arabic whilst there, to help you when you go abroad to those countries. I've never heard of a girl called "Zayn".

Thats What I thought but some girls here think i am talking to a woman called zayn. Even if i am working in arab countries, the technology is english/european. its not arabic, therefore the business language is english....

Who thinks I'm a woman? Did someone send you a msg about me? Odd.

It's not about learning the language for work purposes, as English is sufficient for most part, but for getting to engage with the people of the country. Your lack of Arabic is now holding you back from social activities, and is a barrier. We don't learn languages only for work. I don't need Arabic for work, but learning it has helped me during my travels throughout Arab countries.

You are right! I am not very bad in understanding as it is close to urdu, my mother tongue and obviously we read quran  all our lives. However I am not good in speech. I will try to learn speech.

I thought in Casablanca, many speak English?