Au Pair/Nanny in Nepal

Is there any demand within the expat community in KTM for highly qualified American Au Pairs?

I recently returned from Nepal where I volunteered with an outstanding organization.  By the end of the year (and upon completing my Masters in Early Childhood Education) I plan to return to Nepal and continue to work with this organization indefinitely.  However, the financial realities of my situation have thrown a serious wrench into my plans.  The organization I will be volunteering with cannot hire me since I am an American, but I'll be fresh out of grad school with loan payments to make.  It is unlikely that I will be able to defer my payments, so I need some source of income, be it very modest by American standards.

Based on what I've read in previous posts it sounds extremely difficult for foreigners to find employment in Nepal.  But is there any chance the expat community is in need of an au pair that they could pay under the table?  I've worked as a preschool teach at some of the nation's most highly regarded laboratory preschools and could offer families a "Western style" preschool curriculum.

Any thoughts on the feasibility of this plan?

Welcome to Nepal!
fullbright Provides grants for graduate students, scholars and professionals, and teachers and administrators from the US and other countries. You can able to get student visa as a Nepali language and culture student.
Here is no Au pairs system or culturs in Nepal. May be expat communities ... 
Best of luck

Thanks for the feedback!  I am looking into fulbrights, so we'll see how that goes.

Yea, I didn't think that Nepali people would have much need for an Au Pair, but I'm still hopeful that perhaps there'd be some demand amongst expats.  Anyone know of any other means by which I could reach out to these so called "expat communities" in Nepal via the web?

You should definitely try greataupair dot com  I was a nanny for ten years and I love that site. (moderated: no ads please)  I used all these things when I was a nanny overseas.  Hope this helps.
Autumn

Difficult... could work, might not work, who knows... but worth trying. Make sure your visa is being taken care of by the volunteer organization you're working for, and your only worry would be where to find money to afford your plans.

Thing is that a Nepali 'nanny' would be living in with the family, also be doing a lot of household chores, and would earn only about US$ 50 a month... and that's even considered a good wage for this kind of work.

Your only chance would be to hook up with 'high society' foreign or Nepali (!) parents of young children who would be willing to spend a small fortune (from a local point of view - not regarding the international standards) on having their kids taken care of. And not even full-time, since you'll need to spend time on your volunteer works also, or you'll see your visa being canceled rather quickly...

Where to find this type of parents..?
My only suggestion is to look around international schools with a kindergarten or high class child care centers. I would expect all of these to have their own websites, so you might get lucky by googling for them.

If you find them, don't email - that's too official.
Call and talk to the secretary answering the phone. She would know many people and might want to help you.

That's the best I can think of...

Good luck,

Jorge.